Pre-Algebra Online Tutoring with Expert Math Tutors
What is Pre-Algebra?
The word ‘Algebra’ sends a shiver down the spines of most high school students. You can of course learn basic &advanced Algebra topics from our highly experienced Algebra tutors. However, graduating to high-school Algebra from primary-school arithmetic can be easier by studying pre-algebra topics. Pre-algebra concepts can be used as stepping stones to more complicated Algebra topics like Quadratic Equations and Complex Numbers.
- Compare Decimal Numbers
- Complete the Exponential Expression
- Convert Decimals between Standard and Decimal Form
- Convert Decimals to Fractions
- Divide by Powers of 10
- Equivalent Decimals
- Even and Odd Arithmetic Patterns
- Multiply a Decimal by the Power of 10
- Multiply Numbers Ending in Zeroes
- Percent of a Number
- Place Values in Decimal Numbers
- Prime Factorization
- Reduce Fractions to Lowest Terms
- Rounding Decimals
- Scale Drawings
- Scientific Notation
- Understanding Decimals Expressed in Words
- Variable Expressions
- Mean, Median Mode & Range
- Mean, Median Mode & Range : Find the Missing Number
- Divide Larger Numbers by 2-Digit Numbers
- Greatest Common Factor
- Least Common Multiple
- Place Values
- Prime and Composite Numbers
- Properties of Multiplication
Why learn Pre-Algebra?
Knowing Arithmetic is a prerequisite to learning Algebra. Learning Arithmetic concepts for young children gets very challenging if they are unable to relate these concepts to the things around them. eTutorWorld aspiring Arithmetic tutors teach basic math concepts like Operations on Numbers, Skip Counting and Comparing Numbers using real life situations and sharing colorful worksheets.
While Arithmetic is taught up to Grade 5, Pre-Algebra is typically taught to students from grades 6 onwards. These topics include Integers, Rational & Irrational Numbers, Exponents and some Geometry concepts that hone a student’s math skills and logical thinking. Pre-Algebra learning is also essential for doing well on most Standardized Tests like the SCAT, SSAT, SAT, ISEE, ACT and many more. Math concepts well-learnt in Middle-School and High-School,help build a student’s analytical and logical ability which in turn goes a long way in improving test-taking and problem-solving skills.
You as a parent must be often confused and upset when your child doesn’t do well in math. Your child’s helplessness and disappointment with unimpressive math scores then turns into life-long hatred for math.
A study by our counselors suggests that there are 2 main reasons for students turning their back towards math:
- Not understanding essential math concepts
- Insufficient math practice
More Topics on Pre-Algebra
- Rational Numbers & Irrational Numbers
- Fractions, Decimals & Percentages
- Number Theory
- Prime Factors
- Scientific Notation
- Ratios & Proportions
- Coordinate Graphs
- Scale Factors and Dilation
- Geometric Growth Patterns
- Expressions, Variables, and Basic Operations
- Equations and Inequalities
- Statistics& Probability
How can my child do well in Pre-algebra? Get help from our expert Pre-algebra tutors.
eTutorWorld Middle & High School Math Tutors are able to tackle both these issues. During a one-on-one online tutoring session, a tutor starts with diagnosing a student’s weaknesses and working on eliminating the same. After each session, the student is sent a practice worksheet to reinforce and revise topics taught which can be solved and sent back for an evaluation. With the same tutor tutoring your child in every session, the comfort level and rapport attained allows your child to ask math questions without feeling hesitant or ashamed.
Individualized lesson plans during personalized pre-algebra tutoring sessions helps students sashay through all those mind-boggling math problems and score top grades.
Why eTutorWorld ?
- Learn at any time and from anywhere through unique personal lesson plans
- Experience the extensive use of online resources and state-of-the-art technology
- Enjoy one-on-one live personalized coaching
- Navigate your homework with ease and learn advanced topics
Find out how eTutorWorld can help you improve your Grades.
No credit card is required, nor are you under any obligation to make a purchase. Just schedule the FREE TRIAL lesson to meet a tutor & get help on any topic you want!
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. Come to eTutorWorld for Expert Tutors and best K-12 Online Tutoring Services in the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost. Find a tutor online for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. Get free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and SCAT Practice Tests. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved