Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Multiply Numbers
The eTutorWorld interactive online math tutoring sessions are designed to understand your strengths and weaknesses, which help us deliver lessons better suited to your individual needs. Our Online High School Math Help is sure to chase all your Math nightmares away! We make your homework assignments easy to understand and work on, with our homework help and math worksheets, hundreds of them, ready to download at the click of a button.
Get in touch with one of our tutors today and sign up for a trial math tutoring lesson, FREE!
Learn to multiply numbers from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
Terms which describe the numbers in a multiplication problem.
Factors or Multipliers are the numbers that are being multiplied together.
Product is the result of multiplying the multiplicand by the multiplier.
Rule for multiplying numbers ending in zeroes:
First multiply the numbers without considering the zeroes, then count the number of zeroes in both the numbers and place these zeroes to the right place of the result.
Let’s understand with an example
Last year, 40 people each paid $800 for an insurance package. How much did the people pay in total?
There were 40 people, each of whom paid $800. Multiply 40 by $800.
First, multiply 4 and $8.
4 × $8 = $32
Now count the zeroes in both numbers.
40 × $800 = ?
There are 3 zeroes in all. Write 3 zeroes after 32.
40 × $800 = $32,000
The people spent $32,000 in all.
- A picnic supply company puts 900 plastic cups in each shipment. How many plastic cups are needed for 90 shipments?
- Victor bought 12 jigsaw puzzles. Each puzzle had 600 pieces. How many puzzle pieces did Victor get in all?
- Nina picked 30 barrels of cherries. She put 300 cherries in each barrel. How many cherries did Nina pick in all?
- A soda factory makes 400 liters of ginger ale each day. How many liters of ginger ale will the factory make in 19 days?
- A game company ordered wooden pegs in 7 different colors. They ordered 14,000 of each color. How many pegs did the game company order in all?
- 81,000 cups
- 7,200 pieces
- 9000 cherries
- 7,600 liters of ginger ale
- 98,000 pegs.
Why eTutorWorld ?
- Learn at any time and from anywhere through unique personal lesson plans
- Experience the extensive use of online resources and state-of-the-art technology
- Enjoy one-on-one live personalized coaching
- Navigate your homework with ease and learn advanced topics
Find out how eTutorWorld can help you improve your Grades.
No credit card is required, nor are you under any obligation to make a purchase. Just schedule the FREE TRIAL lesson to meet a tutor & get help on any topic you want!
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on the individual student. Our tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and interests of each student and plan lessons accordingly.
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. Come to eTutorWorld for Expert Tutors and best K-12 Online Tutoring Services in the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost. Find a tutor online for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. Get free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and SCAT Practice Tests. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved