Multiply Numbers Ending in Zeroes
Get in touch with one of our tutors today and sign up for a trial math tutoring lesson, FREE!
Learn to multiply numbers from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
Terms which describe the numbers in a multiplication problem.
Factors or Multipliers are the numbers that are being multiplied together.
Product is the result of multiplying the multiplicand by the multiplier.
Rule for multiplying numbers ending in zeroes:
First multiply the numbers without considering the zeroes, then count the number of zeroes in both the numbers and place these zeroes to the right place of the result.
Let’s understand with an example
Last year, 40 people each paid $800 for an insurance package. How much did the people pay in total?
There were 40 people, each of whom paid $800. Multiply 40 by $800.
First, multiply 4 and $8.
4 × $8 = $32
Now count the zeroes in both numbers.
40 × $800 = ?
There are 3 zeroes in all. Write 3 zeroes after 32.
40 × $800 = $32,000
The people spent $32,000 in all.
- A picnic supply company puts 900 plastic cups in each shipment. How many plastic cups are needed for 90 shipments?
- Victor bought 12 jigsaw puzzles. Each puzzle had 600 pieces. How many puzzle pieces did Victor get in all?
- Nina picked 30 barrels of cherries. She put 300 cherries in each barrel. How many cherries did Nina pick in all?
- A soda factory makes 400 liters of ginger ale each day. How many liters of ginger ale will the factory make in 19 days?
- A game company ordered wooden pegs in 7 different colors. They ordered 14,000 of each color. How many pegs did the game company order in all?
- 81,000 cups
- 7,200 pieces
- 9000 cherries
- 7,600 liters of ginger ale
- 98,000 pegs.
Why learn with eTutorWorld ?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort of your home
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Access recordings of sessions for a month from session date
- Receive a personalized practice sheet after every tutoring session
- Call/chat us on our 24 X 7 support (+1.269.763.4602) to resolve issues or ask questions
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. eTutorWorld provides the best K-12 Online Tutoring Services so you can learn from the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost.
Be it an exam, class test or a quiz, eTutorWorld’s Math, Science and English tutors are responsible for your academic progress. Meet your personal coach at your convenient day and time to get help for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. All our tutors are graduates and bring with them years of teaching experience to the tutoring lessons.
Our ‘Learning by Design’ methodology makes sure that each student is at the center of the teaching-learning process. All tutoring sessions start with a question to the student ‘What do you want to learn today?’ Hence, tutors diagnose your skills and recognize your requirements before the actual tutoring happens. Post every tutoring session, an individualized worksheet is emailed to the student to assimilate learned concepts. Regular formative assessments are used to evaluate a student’s understanding of the subject.
The state of the art technology used is stable, user friendly and safe. All you need is a computer or a tablet and an internet connection. The easy-to-use web conferencing software requires a one time download, using which the student can talk and chat to the tutor, annotate on an interactive shared whiteboard or even share documents, assignments or worksheets.
All tutoring sessions are recorded and made available for a month so you can review concepts taught.
Email or call our support team with any issues or questions – we are here for you 24X7.
Also, download free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and solve SCAT and SSAT Practice Tests online. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
Thousands have taken the eTutorWorld Advantage – what are you waiting for?
© 2020 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved