1st Grade Online Tutoring
Trained 1st grade tutoring- the best way to initiate your child’s academic journey.
Schedule a Free Session
"eTutorWorld has been there to assist my son Michael, with issues in his academics very quickly and has been very persistant in assisting him. Thank you eTutorWorld" -
Tutoring first graders
Your child has just finished kindergarten and is now going to begin elementary schooling. This transition, from learning through play to learning by studying and understanding symbols and concepts, is where children need the utmost attention. Don’t worry we got your back; be it reading tutors for 1st grade, English tutor for grade 1, science tutoring or 1st grade math tutor.
Our team of expert grade 1 tutors are there to help your child at every step of the transition journey. The thinking and learning skills which 6 and 7 years olds develop during elementary years stay with them for their entire lives. It is therefore crucial to use the appropriate teaching methods that build solid academic foundation along with strong confident personality.
Why should you choose a professional First grade tutor?
Not every parent has innate teaching qualities and you can’t experiment with your child’s academic future by applying hit and trial method to decode the child’s learning pattern. Teaching elementary students demands not only a great deal of patience but also a deep understanding of various teaching methodologies.
Every year, thousands of parents sign up for summer tutoring for 1st grade for a little extra academic supplement to prepare children for standardized test like the SCAT, SSAT or the CogAT. For the parents seeking remedial learning for their kids, private tutors for grade 1 prove to be extremely helpful in bringing significant changes in their child’s school grades, confidence level and attitude towards learning. At etutorworld, our energetic 1st grade tutors will make sure that your child stays focused and enjoys learning through engaging activities.
Personalized Online Tutoring Plan for 1st grade
3 Easy Steps to learn with an Online Live Expert Tutor
Step 1 - Click 'FREE TRIAL' to create a Free eTutorWorld Account
Step 2 - Schedule a Free Session at your convenient Date/Time
Step 3 - Attend Live Session with an Expert Tutor
No credit card required. No obligation to purchase.
Your FREE trial session will be a Live online tutoring lesson with a personal tutor, in which you can choose to learn any subject and topic.
Here’s the brief summary of fundamental concepts included in our 1st grade tutoring program.
- Place Value- numbers 0 to 120 (ones, tens and hundreds)
- Comparing 2-digit numbers
- Addition and Subtraction- relate addition and subtraction
- Addition within 20
- Subtraction within 20
- Equal to sign (=)
- Missing number within 20
- Word problems within 20
- Word problems with “more” and “fewer”
- Introduction to addition with 2-Digit Numbers
- Measurement – Length and Size, Time
- Data – Bar Graphs
- Geometry – Shapes, Fractions of Shapes
- Life science
- Parts of plants
- Various kinds of insects
- Living and non living things
- Sense organs and their functions
- Earth science
- Changing matter
- Seasonal changes
- Physical science
- States of matter
- Force and motion
- Comparing size – big and small
- Comparing weight – light and heavy
- Comparing volume – less and more
- Transparent and opaque
- Shadow science – light and shade
- Wheels, axles and pulleys
- Consonants and vowels
- Short and long vowels
- Basic action verbs and how to identify them in a sentence
- Sight words
- Elementary level synonyms and antonyms
- Nouns and pronouns
- Sentences to identify statements, questions and commands
Tutoring first grade reading includes reading strategies like
- Echo reading wherein tutor reads a line and then student repeats the same line. This helps in registering the correct pronunciation
- Paired reading under which the tutor and the child read at the same time. The reading support varies as per the child’s requirements
- Implicit reading wherein the child learns to understand the meaning while reading the text
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What kind of tutoring programs does etutorworld offer?
Our wide range of programs is curated to cater to all kinds of learners. Whether you are seeking remedial lessons or want to prepare your child for standardized tests like the SCAT, SSAT or the CogAT, you will find a course to meet your child’s learning goals.
2. Are tutors trained and qualified to teach?
Besides college degree, 85% of our teachers have additional degree in Education. Before starting their teaching at eTutorWorld, our tutors have to go through rigorous trainings and certifications. Plus, our teachers have 400+ hours of online teaching experience.
3. Does etutorworld offer one-on-one programs?
Yes, we provide private tutors for grade 1.
4. Why should I choose etutorworld?
We offer first free session, certified tutors, 30 days money back guarantee, flexibility, engaging worksheets, individual attention, convenience, cost effective programs and many more. Etutorworld tutoring services have helped thousands of parents and you don’t have to take our word it. Check out what parents have to say about us.
5. What do I need for the tutoring sessions?
To attend online tutoring sessions, you need a computer or tablet and an internet connection. You can either use a headset or your device’s mic and speakers to talk to your tutor during the tutoring session.
6. My child needs help with specific topics and concepts; can I create a learning program for my child?
You can create a learning program designed exclusively for your child’s learning goals. You can also take our diagnostic test that helps you figure out your child’s exact academic needs.
7. How much does it cost?
Our courses are quite reasonably priced. Prices vary according to the grade, test and course you select. Check out our detailed pricing list.
8. What if the learner isn’t happy?
You can reach out to us any time (+1 269 763 4602/5024). Our representatives will be happy to resolve issues to better your learning experience. We encourage both students and parents to contact us if the child is facing any issue. We’ll definitely work to make this work for you. However, if the problem persists then don’t worry, your money is guarded by our 30 days money back guarantee.
9. How do I sign up?
Create a free account with your email address (no credit card or purchase obligation required). Book a trial session and choose the course that suits your learning requirements.
Why learn with eTutorWorld ?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort and safety of your home
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Access recordings of sessions for a month from session date
- Receive a personalized practice sheet after every tutoring session
- Call/chat us on our 24 X 7 support (+1.269.763.4602) to resolve issues or ask questions
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.