AP Biology Tutoring
Find an AP Biology Tutor to score 3+ credits
AP Biology is a course designed for high school students who wish to take up biology in college that can be made easier with the help of an AP Biology tutor online. This introductory course guided by online AP Biology tutoring enables students to gain entry into college level biology courses. However, simply taking the AP course is not enough. One must also be prepared to take the AP Biology examination in order to gain the right credits. Students who score at least 3 become eligible to take up Biology in college. Both the course as well as the exams is offered by the College Board. The question pattern is standardized for students aspiring to learn Biology at an advanced level irrespective of the States they belong to.
AP Biology Tutoring Online
The entire course is based on the design introduced by Wiggins and McTighe and is in the form of a framework. This helps the students to have a clear idea of the necessities in order to prepare for the exam. The syllabus is organized into 8 specific units that include the main principles, theory and various processes required to substantiate a fact. The students are encouraged to study outside the classroom for developing an understanding of the subject. It is not too difficult to find an AP Biology tutor though.
Going through each unit is sure to help the student take the exam in stride. Have a look at how each topic weighs in when you take the examination. In short this will give you an idea about the course so that you do not have to wonder,” What’s in an AP Biology syllabus?”
|AP Biology Topic||Percentage of Qs Expected||Multiple Choice Questions||Free Response Questions||Approx number of Sessions|
|Chemistry of Life||8% to 11%||20||2||10|
|Cell Structure and Function||10% to 13%||30||2||12|
|Cellular Energetics||12% to 16%||20||2||14|
|Cell Communication and Cell Cycle||10% to 15%||25||2||12|
|Heredity||8% to 11%||25||2||10|
|Gene Expression and Regulation||12% to 16%||25||2||14|
|Natural Selection||13% to 20%||40||2||16|
Pricing for Personalized Online Tutoring
- 1 Month Validity
- 1 Month Validity
10 Sessions(Most Popular)
- 3 Months Validity
- 4 Months Validity
- 6 Months Validity
The right way to master the entire course and ensure success would be to follow the AP Biology syllabus 2020-21.
Unit 1: Chemistry of Life (Multiple-Choice: ~20 questions Free-Response: 2 questions)
- Structure of Water and Hydrogen Bonding
- Elements of Life
- Introduction to Biological Macromolecules
- Properties of Biological Macromolecules
- Structure and Function of Biological Macromolecules
- Nucleic Acids
Unit 2: Cell Structure and Function ((Multiple-Choice: ~30 questions Free-Response: 2 questions)
- Cell Struture: Subcellular Components
- Cell Structure and Function
- Cell Size
- Plasma Membranes
- Membrane Permeability
- Membrane Transport
- Facilitated Diffusion
- Tonicity and Osmoregulation
- Mechanisms of Transport
- Cell Compartmentalization
- Origins of Cell Compartmentalization
Unit 3: Cellular Energetics ((Multiple-Choice: ~20 questions Free-Response: 2 questions)
- Enzyme Structure
- Enzyme Structure
- Enzyme Catalysis
- Environmental Impacts on Enzyme Function
- Cellular Energy
- Cellular Respiration
Unit 4: Cell Communication and Cell Cycle (Multiple-Choice: ~25 questions Free-Response: 2 questions)
- Cell Communication
- Introduction to Signal Transduction
- Signal Transduction
- Changes In Signal Transduction Pathways
- Cell Cycle
- Regulation of Cell Cycle
Unit 5: Heredity (Multiple-Choice: ~25 questions Free-Response: 2 questions)
- Meiosis and Genetic Diversity
- Mendelian Genetics
- Non Mendelian Genetics
- Environmental Effects on Phenotype
- Chromosomal Inheritance
Unit 6: Gene Expression and Regulation (Multiple-Choice: ~25 questions Free-Response: 2 questions)
- DNA and RNA Structure
- Transcription and RNA Processing
- Regulation of Gene Expression
- Gene Expression and Cell Specialization
Unit 7: Natural Selection (Multiple-Choice: ~40 questions Free-Response: 2 questions)
- Introduction to Natural Selection
- Natural Selection
- Artificial Selection
- Population Genetics
- Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium
- Evidence of Evolution
- Common Ancestry
- Continuing Evolution
- Variations in Populations
- Origin of Life on Earth
Unit 8: Ecology (Multiple-Choice: ~20 questions Free-Response: 2 questions)
- Responses to the Environment
- Energy Flow through Ecosystems
- Population Ecology
- Effect of Density of Populations
- Community Ecology
- Bio Diversity
- Disruptions to Ecosystems
Advantages of AP Biology Online Course
You may want to consider an AP Biology tutor especially when you are eager to study biology in the future and dream of becoming a doctor, environmentalist or professor of life sciences. Sadly, spending a lot of time travelling to a tutor after school may tire you out and hence not help you prepare well. The best alternative would be to opt for online tutoring so that you get to enjoy:-
- Meet the Challenges – An AP Biology online tutor will help you to look at the facts and understand the concepts clearly. If you have had difficulty in understanding genetics or a process earlier, you would be pleased to find the tutor explain it to you in a different way. The experienced online Biology tutors are sure to assist you by formulating strategies that will enable you to learn that much quicker. There will be no area left to conquer a result and you will be fully equipped to take the exam on the scheduled date.
- Accountability – When you have a biology expert to help you out, you would like to be more accountable. Your course work would be completed well in advance consequently. You would also be eager to study harder as you want to get the best out of the session with your tutor. You also gain more confidence with each passing day especially when you finish covering a majority of the AP Biology course work before your classmates.
- Personal Attention – You are not one of the students in a huge classroom anymore. Instead, you have the online AP Biology Tutoring remaining focused on your problems. This will help you to ask as many questions and get appropriate answers well and truly. You might even want to discuss the answers with the tutor and have your progress assessed so that you know how to take the examination without wasting a minute of the allotted time.
You might want to consider eTutorWorld for finding an AP Biology Tutor Online in order to grasp the concepts and enhance the required skills. Besides, you can also get to add 5 credits based on your score.
Still wondering? No worries! Schedule an AP Biology FREE TRIAL tutoring session right now and obtain help from our expert online tutors.
Simply going through books will not be sufficient, however. You must be aware of the concept and try to learn in a smart way instead of just cramming the content. It is essential to study and use the AP Biology practice tests thus perfecting the methods throughout the academic year instead of waiting until the last minute to begin studying for the upcoming exams. Obtain AP Biology homework help by contacting the best online tutors today. The best procedure for perfecting your skills is to think and act like a biologist. This is what you can do to make your hard work pay off :-
• Be clear with concepts – Understand and learn concepts, processes, and common models by studying them multiple times and writing them down.
• Analyze of visual representations / illustrations – Analyze each representation and label the diagrams perfectly for developing a proper understanding about the biological processes along with its purpose.
• Question/ Answer – Check out the scientific process and the concept behind it to determine the right and appropriate answers
• Description of various data – Representing a set of data graphically either by a chart or diagram will enable you to analyze the data properly and arrive at the right conclusion
• Tests for analyzing data – Simply knowing the concept is not enough though. You would also have to be aware of the standard tests and calculations required for proper analysis of the data
• Justifying arguments –It is equally necessary to justify the arguments that you may make while describing a process. However, you must also be prepared to support your arguments with the help of evidence.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why should I consider eTutorWorld for AP Biology?
What can I expect from a free trial tutoring session?
Can I opt to study on weekends?
Test names and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of them are affiliated with eTutorWorld Corporation.