Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Prime/Composite Numbers
Math is everywhere, from reading the clock in the morning to setting the alarm before bed! Our math tutors understand this and therefore guide their students towards a higher understanding of the new terminologies and strategies. With eTutorWorld’s qualified expert math tutors, students learn math in innovative ways. Gift your child the eTutorWorld advantage and watch them master these valuable skills as also have the confidence required to succeed in grade school and beyond. Let your child learn from our highly experienced math tutors for all grades 3 to 12. Tutoring is not all we do – our tutors offer valuable assistance with homework help, assignment help, and test prep as also guided mentoring as needed. Connect with one today!
Deducing Composites and Factors at eTutorWorld
Factors are numbers that you multiply to get another number
- A prime number has exactly two factors: 1 and itself.
- A composite number has more than two factors.
- Co prime numbers have only 1 as a common factor.
The number 1 is special. It only has one factor — just itself! So, 1 is neither prime nor composite.
To determine if a number is prime or composite, follow these steps:
- Find all factors of the number.
- If the number has only two factors, 1 and itself, then it is prime.
- If the number has more than two factors, then it is composite.
Learn about prime & composite numbers from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
Is 29 a prime number or a composite number?
The only factors of 29 are 1 and 29.
29 is a prime number.
- Each of the following numbers is composite EXCEPT: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
- Is 2,7496 a composite number?
- Is the number 431 prime or composite? Explain your answer using full sentences.
- If you know 97 is a prime number what are the factors for 97 ordered from least to greatest?
- Write the even prime numbers between 1 and 50.
- It is prime as the number has only two factors 1, 431.
- 2, is the only even prime number between 1 and 50
Why eTutorWorld ?
- Learn at any time and from anywhere through unique personal lesson plans
- Experience the extensive use of online resources and state-of-the-art technology
- Enjoy one-on-one live personalized coaching
- Navigate your homework with ease and learn advanced topics
Find out how eTutorWorld can help you improve your Grades.
No credit card is required, nor are you under any obligation to make a purchase. Just schedule the FREE TRIAL lesson to meet a tutor & get help on any topic you want!
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on the individual student. Our tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and interests of each student and plan lessons accordingly.
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. Come to eTutorWorld for Expert Tutors and best K-12 Online Tutoring Services in the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost. Find a tutor online for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. Get free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and SCAT Practice Tests. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved