Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Prime/Composite Numbers
Math is everywhere, from reading the clock in the morning to setting the alarm before bed! Our math tutors understand this and therefore guide their students towards a higher understanding of the new terminologies and strategies. With eTutorWorld’s qualified expert math tutors, students learn math in innovative ways.Gift your child the eTutorWorld advantage and watch them master these valuable skills as also have the confidence required to succeed in grade school and beyond. Let your child learn from our highly experienced math tutors for all grades 3 to 12. Tutoring is not all we do – our tutors offer valuable assistance with homework help, assignment help, and test prep as also guided mentoring as needed. Connect with one today!
Deducing Composites and Factors @eTutorWorld
Factors are numbers that you multiply to get another number
A prime number has exactly two factors: 1 and itself.
A composite number has more than two factors.
Co prime numbers have only 1 as a common factor.
The number 1 is special. It only has one factor — just itself! So, 1 is neither prime nor composite.
To determine if a number is prime or composite, follow these steps:
- Find all factors of the number.
- If the number has only two factors, 1 and itself, then it is prime.
- If the number has more than two factors, then it is composite.
Learn about prime & composite numbers from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
Is 29 a prime number or a composite number?
The only factors of 29 are 1 and 29.
29 is a prime number.
- Each of the following numbers is composite EXCEPT:
- Is 2,7496 a composite number?
- Is the number431 prime or composite? Explain your answer using full sentences.
- If you know 97 is a prime number what are the factors for 97 ordered from least to greatest?
- Write the even prime numbers between 1 and 50.
- It is prime as the number has only two factors 1, 431.
- 2, is the only even prime number between 1 and 50
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved