Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Place Values in Decimals
Our math tutors recognize that math is a crucial life skill. With eTutorWorld expert and experienced Math tutors, our students analyze and understand math topics in innovative and easy-to-remember ways. Each tutoring session is taught using state-of-the-art technology, a student centric approach, individualized teaching and assessments. With just one free math tutoring lesson at eTutorWorld, you will be able to tell what a difference it will make to your child’s grades. Reach out and connect with a world-class math tutor today!
Learn about Place Values in Decimals from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
In the decimal number system, the place values are powers of 10.
We use a decimal point to separate units from parts of a whole (like tenths, hundredths, thousandths, etc).
• 0.1 is a tenth, 1/10 of a unit
• 0.01 is a hundredth, 1/100 of a unit
• 0.001 is a thousandth, 1/1000 of a unit
• 0.0001 is a ten thousandth,1/10000 of a unit
Let’s understand with an example:
In 0.6345, the first digit after the decimal point is called the tenths place value. There are six tenths in the number 0.6345.
The second digit tells you how many hundredths there are in the number. The number 0.6345 has three hundredths.
The third digit is the thousandths place.
The fourth digit is the ten-thousandths place which is five in this example.
Therefore, there are six tenths, three hundredths, four thousandths, and five ten-thousandths in the number 0.6345.
- In 527.13, which digit is in the hundredths place?
- In 504.83, in which place is the 5?
- In 4835.2, in which place is the 2?
- In 9.341, which digit is in the thousandths place?
- In 517.6078, in which place is the 8?
- ten thousandths
Why eTutorWorld ?
- Learn at any time and from anywhere through unique personal lesson plans
- Experience the extensive use of online resources and state-of-the-art technology
- Enjoy one-on-one live personalized coaching
- Navigate your homework with ease and learn advanced topics
Find out how eTutorWorld can help you improve your Grades.
No credit card is required, nor are you under any obligation to make a purchase. Just schedule the FREE TRIAL lesson to meet a tutor & get help on any topic you want!
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on the individual student. Our tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and interests of each student and plan lessons accordingly.
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. Come to eTutorWorld for Expert Tutors and best K-12 Online Tutoring Services in the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost. Find a tutor online for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. Get free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and SCAT Practice Tests. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved