Online Test Prep Help for SAT
1-on-1 Personalized Online Tutoring to Help You Get Better Scores
About the SAT Tests
The SAT is a worldwide known exam among students to get admission for various undergraduate programs in colleges and universities. The exam focuses on the student’s knowledge of reading, writing, and math which they have been already studying in their high school years. It is offered seven times annually.
The new SAT has been redesigned to focus more on the student’s ability to show readiness to study in college or university in a much more organised manner.
Based on student’s choice of a particular institution, one can choose whether to sit for SAT General Test or SAT Subject Test.
SAT General Test: The test examines student’s skills like logical reasoning and higher-level analysis which are relevant and meaningful to college and other aspects of life. The score is accepted by more than 2000 colleges and universities all across the globe.
SAT Subject Test: The test examines student’s particular strength in subjects like Maths, Science, English, History, and languages. It is usually taken by students who plan to specialize in any of the specific subject while studying in university.
Read More: New SAT Debuts in March 2016
Online Tutoring SAT Prep Help
Our expert tutors provide a thorough training to their students to make them familiar with the new content and format of SAT.
Our experts take regular sessions for their students so as they gain more confidence to score brilliantly on the final day of their test.
The students are given sample worksheets and mock tests at regular intervals to assess and improve thier scores.
All the sessions are inculcated based on the student’s needs which the tutors observe and keep a track of during their progress
Our experts give excellent personal guidance and direction to all students by putting more emphasis on their abilities and requirements.
We give your child that advantage of having a personal tutor, at affordable prices – all from the comfort and safety of your home.
Expert 1-on-1 Personal Tutoring, Now Affordable to All.
Every online tutoring session has 50 to 55 minutes of teaching time.
- 3 Months Validity
10 SessionsMost Popular
- 3 Months Validity
- 4 Months Validity
No credit card is required, nor are you under any obligation to make a purchase. Just schedule the FREE TRIAL session to meet our expert tutor & get help.
Free SAT Worksheets
Components of English section in General SAT
1. Evidence Based Reading and Writing
- The questions focus on research skills, comprehension and interpretation of deeper contexts that ensures student’s readiness to survive in college.
- It lays more emphasis on vocabulary that is not isolated but is contextual. The questions also judge student’s word choice with the emphasis on underlying tones and meanings in it.
2. Essay: It is optional
- It comes at the end of English section. It depends on different institutions whether they require the score of essay for admission
- It is to be finished in 50 minutes
- The questions analyse student’s reading and writing skills as the write-up has to be produced after analysing the source information provided in the question.
- Total of 58 multiple–choice questions of which 22% will be student-produced response questions in the form of grid-ins.
- 80 minutes including the Calculator section and No Calculator section
- Questions based on high school math – Algebra I and II, Data Analysis, geometry, and some trigonometry
- Several questions on the test about a single scenario.
- Questions will assess a student’s concepts, ability to apply these concepts to the real world & proficiency in using math tools like the calculator.
Current SAT Structure
- 65 minutes Reading section
- 35 minutes Writing & Language section
- 52 Questions (Reading)
- 44 Questions (Writing & Language)
200 – 800
- 25 minutes, No calculator section
- 55 minutes, Calculator section
- 20 Questions, no calculator
- 38 Questions, calculator
200 – 800
- 50 minutes (25 minutes more than the earlier SAT)
- One passage with a prompt based on it
200 – 800
The total scale of the score ranges from 400-1600. It is calculated on the score reported in different sections. Given below is the scale of score or different sections of SAT:
- Evidence Based Reading & Writing: 200-800
- Math: 200-800
- Essay results (if opted) are recorded separately
Major Key areas to focus on for new SAT:
- Demonstration of Analytical skills
- Work on stylistic, persuasive or argumentative elements
- Logical reasoning to develop ideas
- Read only non-fictional and challenging texts
Best time to take Tests:
October or November to take early admission in the month of January.
Taking exams like PSAT and ACT help students to prepare themselves for the SAT as the new format of SAT writing and language section matches the format of PSAT and ACT. Going through these exams will give the students much needed confidence and time to test their skills before they appear for their final SAT exam.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. eTutorWorld provides the best K-12 Online Tutoring Services so you can learn from the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost.
Be it an exam, class test or a quiz, eTutorWorld’s Math, Science and English tutors are responsible for your academic progress. Meet your personal coach at your convenient day and time to get help for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. All our tutors are graduates and bring with them years of teaching experience to the tutoring lessons.
Our ‘Learning by Design’ methodology makes sure that each student is at the center of the teaching-learning process. All tutoring sessions start with a question to the student ‘What do you want to learn today?’ Hence, tutors diagnose your skills and recognize your requirements before the actual tutoring happens. Post every tutoring session, an individualized worksheet is emailed to the student to assimilate learned concepts. Regular formative assessments are used to evaluate a student’s understanding of the subject.
The state of the art technology used is stable, user friendly and safe. All you need is a computer or a tablet and an internet connection. The easy-to-use web conferencing software requires a one time download, using which the student can talk and chat to the tutor, annotate on an interactive shared whiteboard or even share documents, assignments or worksheets.
All tutoring sessions are recorded and made available for a month so you can review concepts taught.
Email or call our support team with any issues or questions – we are here for you 24X7.
Also, download free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and solve SCAT and SSAT Practice Tests online. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
Thousands have taken the eTutorWorld Advantage – what are you waiting for?
© 2019 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved