Science Summer Enrichment Program
Online Science Summer Course – Get started from Anywhere!
Summer Slide and Covid Slide
This year, it is very important to tackle the summer slide because children are already experiencing learning loss caused by the COVID-19 pandemic school closures. The cumulative effect of the COVID slide and Summer slide is going to be disastrous for young, curious minds.
Enroll today in eTutorWorld’s summer course and study with some of the best online tutors in the country. This course can help your child with all the learning gaps from the previous year and also get introduced to the topics of the upcoming grade.
Integrated Science Course – The Enrichment Program for Students Between Grades 6-8
eTutorWorld’s integrated summer course is an 8-week program that consists of 20, 1-hour sessions. In 8 weeks, our experienced tutors will use the best of technology and teaching methods to simplify complicated topics and help your child with all the learning loss caused by the pandemic and otherwise.
Integrated science course consists of well-balanced sessions that are based on the common core pedagogy. They are blended with media engagement, age-appropriate activities, and fun worksheets.
Before we begin the course, we conduct a diagnostic assessment to understand a child’s learning abilities and requirements. Its result is also shared with parents so that they can participate in creating the customized lesson plan for the child.
8 Weeks of Studying with Fun
eTutorWorld’s integrated summer course has 20 sessions that are spread across 8 weeks. The first seven weeks are all about learning through engaging and interactive methods. The last week is for reviews and assessment.
Below is a suggested schedule for the Integrated Science Summer Program.
However, it may be different for you, depending on your availability, ability, and progress.
Diagnostic Test and Evaluation
- The Scientific Method – You can be a Scientist too!
- Data Analysis and Representation
- Metric Measurements
Design your own experiment
- Introduction to Work and Energy
- Conservation and Transfer of energy
- Waves and Electromagnetic Radiations
Energy from Garbage
- Forces and Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Fun with magnets
- The Universe and its parts
- Why does Matter matter?
- Atoms, Elements and Molecules
Perseverance – The Mars 2020’s rover
- The Periodic Table
- Basics of Chemical Reactions and Stoichiometry
- Acids, Bases, and pH
- Fun Chemical Reactions at home
- Structure of Living Organisms
- Organ Systems – How does an organism function?
- Elements of Information Processing in Humans
- Pandemics and how to deal with them
- Heredity – Genes, DNA and Chromosomes
- Evolution and Natural Selection
- What makes us humans special?
- Ecosystems and Biomes
- Interdependent Relationships in an Ecosystem
- Human impacts on Earth systems
Make your own Water Purifier
END OF TERM EVALUATION
SUMMER REFRESHER PACK
Topics of your choice in a subject
Personalized live online tutoring
3 months validity
SUMMER INTENSIVE PACK
Full coverage of any selected subject
Personalized live online tutoring
4 months validity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. When should I register my child for the integrated summer course at eTutorWorld?
The best time to register for a summer course is a few weeks before the beginning of the summer break or after the end of the school session. eTutorWorld’s summer courses last for 8 weeks, so, you will have to time your child’s course to finish it before the schools reopen.
2. How can eTutorWorld customize the integrated course for my child?
At eTutorWorld, we tweak the courses according to a student’s learning requirement. This change is done after we receive the result of the diagnostic assessment. The result is also shared with the parents and we invite them to help us custom create an integrated science course for their child.
3. What topics does this course cover? Will it build on the previous levels?
Since this is an integrated course, it covers several topics from different branches of science. The topics include Metric Measurements, Waves and Electromagnetic Radiations, electricity, The Universe and Its Parts, The Periodic Table, Plants and Animals, Biodiversity, etc.
4. What tools and methods will the tutors use to teach? How will the tutor simplify the complicated topics?
At eTutorWorld, we use only the latest and the best tools to teach science. We use the Learning by Design methodology to ensure that our students’ learning is complete and exact. Every child learns differently, that is why we let our students take control of the lesson plan while we focus on making science easy and fun.
5. Does the course have a flexible timeline?
We have created a basic, expected timeline for the course. However, this is open to changes according to a child’s requirements. We aim to finish the 8-week course in time for school reopening but the curriculum and the timeline can be rearranged according to the student’s convenience.