Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Scientific Notations
Learn about Scientific Notations from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
Scientific notation is a standard way of writing numbers; it helps us to deal with very large or very small numbers. A number in scientific notation has two components a number which is either an integer or a decimal multiplied by a power of 10. This number is always 1 or more and less than 10.
Rules to Change from Scientific Notation to Standard Form:
(1)Move the decimal point to the right for positive power of 10. The power tells you how many places to move. (2)Move the decimal point to the left for negative power of 10. Again, the power tells you how many places to move.
Let’s understand with an example
How do you write 7.9 × 101 in standard form?
The power of 10 tells you how many places to the right to move the decimal point Look at 101. The 10 is raised to the power of 1. Move the decimal point 1 place to the right. 7.9 → 79. 7.9 × 101 = 79
- How do you write 2.4 × 103 in standard form?
- How do you write 3.3 × 105 in standard form?
- How do you write 9.5 × 102 in standard form?
- How do you write 5.2 × 104 in standard form?
- How do you write 8.1 × 101 in standard form?
Why Learn with eTutorWorld?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort and safety of your home
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Access recordings of sessions for a month from session date
- Receive a personalized practice sheet after every tutoring session
- Call/chat us on our 24 X 7 Support (+1.269.763.4602) to resolve issues or ask questions
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Online Tutoring and Worksheets Pricing
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.