Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Fractions
Learn Fractions from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
A fraction is in its in lowest terms if the Greatest Common Factor (GCF), also called the Greatest Common Divisor (GCD), of the numerator and denominator is 1.
For example, 3/4 is in lowest terms but 9/12 is not.
A fraction is written in lowest terms when it uses the smallest possible numerator and denominator.
Steps to reduce fractions to lowest terms
1. Find the Greatest Common Factor (GCF) i.e. find the largest number that divides both the numerator and the denominator.
2. Divide both the numerator and the denominator by that number.
Let’s understand with an example:
Write 25/35 in lowest terms.
Find the Greatest Common Factor (GCF)
of 25 and 35
GCF = 5
We can reduce the fraction by dividing
the numerator and denominator by 5
and get our simplified answer
- Write 30/36 in lowest terms.
- Write 99/297 in lowest terms.
- Write 625/1125 in lowest terms.
- Rebecca loves oranges. Yesterday she bought 6 boxes that contained 2 dozen oranges each, and today she has only 20 left What fraction of her oranges did she eat? Reduce to lowest terms.
- Jojo uses 5 crayons on every picture she draws. If she starts with a box of 100 crayons and draws 10 pictures, what fraction of box of crayons will she be left with ?Reduce to lowest term.
- Rebecca ate 31/36 oranges
- Jojo will have 1/2 of box of crayons left with her.
Why Learn with eTutorWorld?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort and safety of your home
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Access recordings of sessions for a month from session date
- Receive a personalized practice sheet after every tutoring session
- Call/chat us on our 24 X 7 Support (+1.269.763.4602) to resolve issues or ask questions
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Online Tutoring and Worksheets Pricing
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.