Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Decimals in Words
Grab the eTutorWorld advantage and help her to not only master these valuable skills but also have the confidence required to succeed in grade school and beyond. Let your child learn from our highly experienced math tutors for all grades 3 to 12.
Learn Decimals in Words from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
Decimals are numbers with one visible point somewhere in the number. The visible point is called the decimal point.
The decimal point separates the whole number on the left from the decimal digits on the right.
Writing decimals in words
Steps for writing a decimal number:
Step 1 : Use a place value chart
Step 2 : First write the whole-number part.
Step 3 : Then write the fraction part.
Remember: Read the decimal point as “and”
When writing a decimal number that is less than 1, a zero is normally used in the ones place .
Let’s understand with an example
Write nine and seventy-nine hundredths as a decimal number.
Use a place value chart.
First write the whole-number part.
Now write the fraction part.
- Write four hundred twenty-one and seven tenths as a decimal number.
- Write five hundred thirty-eight thousandths as a decimal number.
- Write five hundred and thirty-eight thousandths as a decimal number.
- Write eight hundred seventy-three thousandths as a decimal number.
- Write nine thousandths as a decimal number.
Why learn with eTutorWorld ?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort and safety of your home
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Access recordings of sessions for a month from session date
- Receive a personalized practice sheet after every tutoring session
- Call/chat us on our 24 X 7 support (+1.269.763.4602) to resolve issues or ask questions
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.