Online Algebra Tutoring: Exponential Expression
Complete the Exponential Expression
An exponent is a number indicating how many times a number is multiplied by itself. The exponent is placed to the upper right of the base number and signifies how many times the base term is multiplied by itself The base a is raised to the power of n is equal to the multiplication of a, n times:
an = a × a × … × a
n times a is the base and n is the exponent.
Some facts about exponents:
- Zero raised to any power is zero (e.g. 05 = 0)
- One raised to any power is one (e.g. 125 = 1)
- Any number raised to the zero power is one (e.g. 870 = 1)
- Any number raised to the first power is that number itself (e.g. 461 = 46)
Learn Exponentioal Expression from Certified Online Algebra Tutor
- a) Solve for y.
64 = y2 The exponent of y is 2. What number can you use as a factor 2 times to get 64? 64 = y2 = y × y = 8 × 8 You can use 8 as a factor 2 times. The base is 8. y = 8
- b) Solve for d.
49 = d2 The exponent of d is 2. What number can you use as a factor 2 times to get 49? 49 = d2 = d × d = 7 × 7 You can use 7 as a factor 2 times. The base is 7. d = 7
- a.Solve for v.
v1 = 165
- b) Solve for c.
144 = 12c
- c) Solve for u.
- d) What is 0.124 raised to the fifth power?
- e) A piece of cloth is in the shape of a square with a length of 9 yards. Find the area of the cloth in exponential form.
- v= 165
- c= 2
- u= 7
- 92 sq.yards
Why eTutorWorld ?
- Learn at any time and from anywhere through unique personal lesson plans
- Experience the extensive use of online resources and state-of-the-art technology
- Enjoy one-on-one live personalized coaching
- Navigate your homework with ease and learn advanced topics
Find out how eTutorWorld can help you improve your Grades.
No credit card is required, nor are you under any obligation to make a purchase. Just schedule the FREE TRIAL lesson to meet a tutor & get help on any topic you want!
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on the individual student. Our tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and interests of each student and plan lessons accordingly.
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. Come to eTutorWorld for Expert Tutors and best K-12 Online Tutoring Services in the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost. Find a tutor online for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. Get free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and SCAT Practice Tests. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved