Least Common Multiple
Math is an essential skill in our everyday life! Our math tutors realize this and hence guide their students towards a better understanding of the new terminologies and methods. With eTutorWorld expert and experienced Math tutors, math becomes not just easy, but a pleasure to learn and master. Each tutoring session is taught using state-of-the-art technology, a student centric approach, individualized teaching and assessments. Gift your child the eTutorWorld advantage and help her to not only master these valuable skills but also have the confidence required to succeed in grade school and beyond. Let your child learn from our highly experienced math tutors for all grades 3 to 12.
Get Ahead in Math with eTutorWorld!
What is the meaning of LCM?
A common multiple is a number that is a multiple of two or more numbers.
Least common multiple is the smallest multiple shared between two or more numbers. The Least Common Multiple (LCM) is also referred to as the Least Common Denominator (LCD).
How do you find the least common multiple?
Learn about common Multiples from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
What is the LCM of 24 and 32?
First, we factor both numbers to their primes.
The prime factorization of 24 is:
24 = 2 x 2 x 2 x 3
The prime factorization of 32 is:
32 = 2 x 2 x2 x 2 x 2
Next, we identify any shared primes. With 24 and 32, 2 x 2 x 2 is a shared prime number.
Then, we take the shared prime and multiply it with all of the other prime factors.
2 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 2 x 2bl
The red number 2 x 2 x2 is the shared prime factor.
The blue numbers are the other prime factors.
Our answer is 96. The LCM of 32 and 24 is 96.
- Find the L.C.M. of 12, 27
- Find the L.C.M. of 125,64,8
- Quincy is buying flower bulbs for his garden. He wants to buy the same number of tulips and daffodils. If tulip bulbs come in packs of 28 and daffodil bulbs come in packs of42, what is the least number of each type of bulb Quincy will need to buy?
- In a morning walk, three persons step off together. Their steps measure 85 cm, 70 cm and 90 cm respectively. What is the minimum distance each should walk so that all can cover the same distance in complete steps?
- The traffic lights at three different road crossings change after every 12 seconds, 18 seconds and 22 seconds respectively. If they change simultaneously at 7 a.m., at what time will they change simultaneously again?
- 84 flower bulbs
- 10,710 cm
- All the traffic lights will change simultaneously change after 396 seconds which is equal to 6 min 36 seconds past 7 am.
Why eTutorWorld ?
- Learn at any time and from anywhere through unique personal lesson plans
- Experience the extensive use of online resources and state-of-the-art technology
- Enjoy one-on-one live personalized coaching
- Navigate your homework with ease and learn advanced topics
Find out how eTutorWorld can help you improve your Grades.
No credit card is required, nor are you under any obligation to make a purchase. Just schedule the FREE TRIAL lesson to meet a tutor & get help on any topic you want!
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on the individual student. Our tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and interests of each student and plan lessons accordingly.
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. Come to eTutorWorld for Expert Tutors and best K-12 Online Tutoring Services in the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost. Find a tutor online for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. Get free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and SCAT Practice Tests. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved