Least Common Multiple
Math is an essential skill in our everyday life! Our math tutors realize this and hence guide their students towards a better understanding of the new terminologies and methods. With eTutorWorld expert and experienced Math tutors, math becomes not just easy, but a pleasure to learn and master. Each tutoring session is taught using state-of-the-art technology, a student centric approach, individualized teaching and assessments. Gift your child the eTutorWorld advantage and help her to not only master these valuable skills but also have the confidence required to succeed in grade school and beyond. Let your child learn from our highly experienced math tutors for all grades 3 to 12.
Get Ahead in Math with eTutorWorld!
What is the meaning of LCM?
A common multiple is a number that is a multiple of two or more numbers.
Least common multiple is the smallest multiple shared between two or more numbers. The Least Common Multiple (LCM) is also referred to as the Least Common Denominator (LCD).
How do you find the least common multiple?
Learn about common Multiples from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
What is the LCM of 24 and 32?
First, we factor both numbers to their primes.
The prime factorization of 24 is:
24 = 2 x 2 x 2 x 3
The prime factorization of 32 is:
32 = 2 x 2 x2 x 2 x 2
Next, we identify any shared primes. With 24 and 32, 2 x 2 x 2 is a shared prime number.
Then, we take the shared prime and multiply it with all of the other prime factors.
2 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 2 x 2
The red number 2 x 2 x2 is the shared prime factor.
The blue numbers are the other prime factors.
Our answer is 96. The LCM of 32 and 24 is 96.
- Find the L.C.M. of 12, 27
- Find the L.C.M. of 125,64,8
- Quincy is buying flower bulbs for his garden. He wants to buy the same number of tulips and daffodils. If tulip bulbs come in packs of 28 and daffodil bulbs come in packs of42, what is the least number of each type of bulb Quincy will need to buy?
- In a morning walk, three persons step off together. Their steps measure 85 cm, 70 cm and 90 cm respectively. What is the minimum distance each should walk so that all can cover the same distance in complete steps?
- The traffic lights at three different road crossings change after every 12 seconds, 18 seconds and 22 seconds respectively. If they change simultaneously at 7 a.m., at what time will they change simultaneously again?
- 84 flower bulbs
- 10,710 cm
- All the traffic lights will change simultaneously change after 396 seconds which is equal to 6 min 36 seconds past 7 am.
Download/Solve a Worksheet for Least Common Multiple
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved