Even and Odd Arithmetic Patterns
Learn Even and odd numbers from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
Any number (integer) that can be divided exactly by 2.
The digit at ones place is 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8
Any number (integer) that cannot be divided exactly by 2 .
The digit at ones place is 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9
Adding and Subtracting
When we add or subtract even or odd numbers the results are always:
even + even = even
odd + odd = even
even + odd = odd
odd + even = odd
The result is same if the operation is subtraction.
Let’s understand with an example
Is 96 – 15 even or odd?
96 is even. 15 is odd.
Use the rule:
even – odd = odd
96 – 15 is odd.
Now check your answer by doing the math.
96 – 15 = 81
Yes, the answer is odd. 81 ends in a 1, which makes it odd.
- Is 149 – 15 even or odd?
- Is 38+ 194 even or odd?
- Kira works in the kitchen of a Mexican restaurant. Over the weekend, she washed 252 small plates and 141 large plates. How many plates did she wash over the weekend?Is the answer even or odd?
- John is a school janitor. Last week, he picked up a total of 662 pieces of trash. He picked another 81 pieces of trash from the classrooms, how many pieces of trash did John pick up in total? Is the answer even or odd?
- Since he was hired, a chef has served a total of 455 guests. Of those guests, 61 were adults. How many children has the chef served? Is the answer even or odd?
- 393 ,odd
Why Learn with eTutorWorld?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort and safety of your home
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Access recordings of sessions for a month from session date
- Receive a personalized practice sheet after every tutoring session
- Call/chat us on our 24 X 7 Support (+1.269.763.4602) to resolve issues or ask questions
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Online Tutoring and Worksheets Pricing
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.