Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Scale Drawings
Math sometimes can be the monster under the bed to students, but it doesn’t have to be so when you sign up for online tutoring lessons with eTutorWorld, acclaimed online tutoring service with over eight years of successful operations. Our math tutors are experts in the subject, and understand that math is the foundation of adult learning. Our tutoring is goal-oriented and therefore customized to suit every student according to their individual needs. The live on-line tutoring hour adopts a logical, step by step way of tutoring. What’s more, students can count on our tutors for homework help, test prep help, assignment help, project assistance, and guided mentoring, whenever they need, entirely at their convenience.
Learn about Scale Drawing from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
A scale is a ratio that compares the measurement used in the drawings to the actual measurements. Scale drawings are similar to the actual drawing or figure and therefore the sizes are proportional
The ratio used while working with scale drawings is
Scale measurement / Actual measurement
Let’s understand with an example:
Kate measured a house and its lot and made a scale drawing. In real life, the back patio is 24 meters wide. It is 3 millimeters wide in the drawing. What scale did Kate use?
Write the ratio of the width of the patio in the drawing to the width of the actual patio. Write the ratio in fraction form.
Simplify the fraction.
The scale of the drawing is 1 millimetre = 8 meters.
- Robert measured the elementary school and made a scale drawing. The scale he used was 1 millimeter = 16 meters. In the drawing, the school yard is 8 millimeters long. What is the length of the actual school yard?
- Benny made a scale drawing of a community college. In real life, a building at the college is 55 meters wide. It is 5 centimeters wide in the drawing. What is the scale of the drawing?
- Betty drew a scale drawing of a house and its lot. She used the scale 1 inch = 21feet. The backyard is 9 inches in the drawing. How wide is the actual yard?
- Chris is making a scale drawing of a nearby zoo with a scale of 1 cm: 500 m. If the lions’ cage and the snake-park are 8 cm apart in the scale drawing, what is the actual distance the two places?
- The scale drawing of the tree is 1:40.If the height of the tree on paper is 20 inches, what is the height of the tree in real life?
- 128 metres
- 1 centimeter = 11 meters
- 189 feet
- 4000 m
- 800 inches
Why learn with eTutorWorld ?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort of your home
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. eTutorWorld provides the best K-12 Online Tutoring Services so you can learn from the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost.
Be it an exam, class test or a quiz, eTutorWorld’s Math, Science and English tutors are responsible for your academic progress. Meet your personal coach at your convenient day and time to get help for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. All our tutors are graduates and bring with them years of teaching experience to the tutoring lessons.
Our ‘Learning by Design’ methodology makes sure that each student is at the center of the teaching-learning process. All tutoring sessions start with a question to the student ‘What do you want to learn today?’ Hence, tutors diagnose your skills and recognize your requirements before the actual tutoring happens. Post every tutoring session, an individualized worksheet is emailed to the student to assimilate learned concepts. Regular formative assessments are used to evaluate a student’s understanding of the subject.
The state of the art technology used is stable, user friendly and safe. All you need is a computer or a tablet and an internet connection. The easy-to-use web conferencing software requires a one time download, using which the student can talk and chat to the tutor, annotate on an interactive shared whiteboard or even share documents, assignments or worksheets.
All tutoring sessions are recorded and made available for a month so you can review concepts taught.
Email or call our support team with any issues or questions – we are here for you 24X7.
Also, download free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and solve SCAT and SSAT Practice Tests online. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
Thousands have taken the eTutorWorld Advantage – what are you waiting for?
© 2020 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved