Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Place Values
Math is essential in everyday life, for everything we see and do needs numbers, logic, calculation, application, and analytical thinking. With eTutorWorld expert and experienced Math tutors, students learn the math topics gradually and effortlessly. Each tutoring session is taught using state-of-the-art technology, a student centric approach, individualized teaching and assessments. Be it Real Numbers or Rational Numbers, Constructions or Measurement, Triangles or Quadrilaterals, Scatter plots or the stem-and-leaf plot students are able to grasp these concepts quickly with the help of a shared whiteboard and audio conferencing during the live tutoring session.Students can also count on our expert math tutors for guided learning, homework help, and test prep help, among many other study solutions.
Learn about Place values from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
In the number system, the value of a digit depends on its place in the number. Each place has a value of 10 times the place to its right. A number in standard form is separated into groups of three digits using commas.
The last or rightmost digit is the ones’ place which is eight in this example. The next digit is the tens’ place. This number has seven tens. The third digit is called the hundreds’ place. It tells how many sets of one hundreds are in the number. The number 75,678 has six hundreds. The second digit is the one thousands’ place which is five in this example. The first digit is the ten thousand’s place. In this number there are seven ten thousands. Therefore there are seven sets of ten thousand, five sets of one thousand, six sets of one hundred, seven sets of ten, and eight ones in the number 75,678.
Let’s understand with an example:
What is 9,000 + 200 + 40 + 2 in standard form?
9,000 is 9 thousands.
200 is 2 hundreds.
40 is 4 tens.
2 is 2 ones.
9,000 + 200 + 40 + 2 is 9 thousands, 2 hundreds, 4 tens, and 2 ones.
Remember the place values:
9,000 + 200 + 40 + 2 = 9,242
- What is 5,000 + 700 + 60 + 1 in standard form?
- In 6,349, which digit is in the hundreds place?
- In 4,124, in which place is the 2?
- What is the value of the digit in the number 4,106?
- You hear the following number:
6 thousand, 14
How do you write it using digits?
Why learn with eTutorWorld ?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort and safety of your home
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Access recordings of sessions for a month from session date
- Receive a personalized practice sheet after every tutoring session
- Call/chat us on our 24 X 7 support (+1.269.763.4602) to resolve issues or ask questions
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.