Summer Math Programs for Elementary Students (Grades 4-5)
Schedule a Free Session
Grades 4 and 5 include elementary math skills that are crucial to understanding and learning middle school math. Summer math programs for elementary students can go a long way towards bettering your child’s academic performance. These courses come with elementary math worksheets that can help your child practice problem-solving and understand concepts that open the door to advanced mathematics.
Benefits of Online Summer Math Courses
An online summer math program for elementary students ensures that your child doesn’t slip into a summer slide. It also ensures that they make fine progress with their academics, that too from the comfort and safety of your home.
Our online elementary math summer programs are designed to help students of all intellectual levels and abilities.
Once your child comes to the end of a personalized session of learning, they will be able to solve all the math problems associated with their syllabus. Thanks to the ‘Learning by Design’ teaching methodology adopted by our expert tutors, you can rest assured that your child will be provided with a fulfilling learning experience.
Summer Enrichment Program Schedule and Dates
- 2 to 4 personal online tutoring sessions per week
- 8 to 10 weeks
- The syllabus for the summer courses can be either given by the student or offered by eTutorWorld tutors
- The start date and schedule are flexible and will be customized for each student
Below is a suggested schedule for the Summer Math Program for Elementary Students (Grades 4 & 5). Please note that schedules may vary for students based on their ability, availability, and progress.
Please call/email us with your child’s requirements and we shall customize the right Online Elementary Math Summer Program for you.
Diagnostic Test and Evaluation of student’s skills and requirements
1. Number Sense
- Place Value through reading, writing, ordering, and comparing numbers to at least 1,000,000
- Counting forwards and backwards with Positive and Negative Numbers
- Identifying Prime Numbers
- Identifying Factors and Multiples of different numbers
2. Addition and Subtraction (with regrouping and without regrouping)
- Three digit addition and subtraction
- Multi digit addition and subtraction
- Commutative, associative and distributive laws
- Add and subtract above 1000
- Round Whole Numbers and Decimals
- Money-based problems
- Two digit and Multi-digit multiplication
- Factors and multiples
- Least common multiple and greatest common factor
- Word problems
- Division of 2, 3, 4 digits by 2 digits with remainder/ without remainder
- Estimate Quotient & remainder
- Word problems
5. Mixed Operations – Mental Math
6. Evaluate Mathematical expressions
- Write variable equations and solve
- Word problems
7. Probability & Statistics – mean, median, mode
- Units conversion
- Solving problems involving money and measures
- Solving problems involving converting between units of time
- Area and Perimeter of complex and irregular figures
9. Decimals & Fractions
- Comparing and ordering fractions and decimals
- Concept of Proper, improper and mixed fractions and conversions
- Adding, subtracting and multiplying proper fractions and mixed numbers by whole numbers
- Equivalent fractions
- Rounding decimals with two places to the nearest whole number and decimal place
- Adding, Subtraction and multiplying decimals
- Understanding percentages
- Three Dimensional shapes
- Geometry: Ordered Pairs
- Algebra & Geometry: Graph Functions
- Classifying figures with parallel sides
- Drawing and measuring Angles & Triangles
- Points, Lines, Planes and Rays
- Assessment Test
Price List for Online Summer Math Programs (Grades 4 and 5)
Summer Starter Pack(1-on-1 Online Tutoring)
- 10 Tutoring Sessions Pack
- Topic(s) of your choice in a Subject
- Personalized Live Online Tutoring
- 3 Months Validity
Summer Intensive Pack(1-on-1 Online Tutoring)
- 20 Tutoring Sessions Pack
- Full coverage of any selected Subject
- Personalized Live Online Tutoring
- 4 Months Validity
Free Diagnostic Test for Online Summer Math Programs (Grades 4 and 5)
To better understand your child’s strengths and the areas in which they can improve, we have designed an elementary math diagnostic assessment. Once your child has been evaluated, we will create a personalized schedule and propel them on the path to mathematical proficiency.
Our expert elementary math tutors will not only teach your child to solve 4th and 5th grade math problems related to their curriculum, but will also monitor their progress with each session to ensure that they attain the best possible learning experience. What’s more? An assessment will be provided to measure your child’s progress at the end of the online math summer course.
Why eTutorWorld for a Personalized Online Math Summer Course
ETutorWorld’s Online Summer Math Program for Elementary Students (Grades 4 and 5) is a great option to keep your child productive during the summer break. In these 8-10 weeks, your child can learn to solve 4th and 5th grade math problems with ease. With the guidance of our expert and experienced online math tutors, numbers will no longer be the stuff of nightmares for your child.
Here are some of the key benefits of our online elementary math summer program:
- Free diagnostic assessment
- Flexible schedules and start dates
- Convenient (from the comfort of your home)
- Expert tutors
- Personalized one-to-one live tutoring
- Curated tests and worksheets with regular feedback
- Recorded sessions for revisions
- Guaranteed progress
- eTutorWorld’s Certificate of Completion
Importance of Elementary Math Courses for Future Prospects
Math is considered a universal language, and elementary math is the gateway to understanding almost everything under the sun. An elementary math summer course will improve your child’s problem-solving skills, and foster analytical thinking and reasoning abilities.
Elementary math is a pre-requisite for more advanced branches of mathematics, such as algebra and geometry, and later, statistics and calculus, which helps them develop the skills to pursue a STEM career. Enrolling your child in an online summer math program can offer far-reaching benefits of math in the long run.
One of the reasons why math is a crucial subject for elementary students is its importance in daily life. Most professions and careers use math in one way or another. While scientists and mathematicians use math extensively in their fields of work, numbers are a part of everyone’s life. For instance, bees use hexagons – a geometrical shape – to build honeycombs. Another popular mathematical concept – the Fibonacci sequence – is found in leaves, trees, pinecones, flowers, seashells, and everywhere else in nature. Even a person doing something as simple as operating a cash register will require basic math skills, making the subject highly important for the future of your child.
Give your scholar the best online learning experience!
Just schedule the FREE TRIAL session to meet a tutor & get help on any topic you want!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it worth enrolling my 5th grader in an online summer math course?
Online elementary summer math programs are designed to help students keep up with their curriculum and prepare for the next academic year. A personalized tutoring course will ensure that your child not only learns but also understands complex math concepts with relative ease. Moreover, live one-to-one interactive sessions provide your child with the right resources to derive maximum benefits from an online summer math course. If you’re still not convinced about enrolling your child in an online summer math program, you can schedule a free session with eTutorWorld and get a better idea about the benefits on offer.
2. How is eTutorWorld’s online math course different from the others?
While most tutoring programs offer a lot of video lessons and very limited tutor interactions, eTutorWorld personalizes the experience for every student with live one-to-one sessions. Rather than being part of a virtual classroom with other students, your child will have the undivided attention of our tutor with interactive learning. Since our schedules are flexible, your child will be able to learn and understand concepts at their own pace, and can also request the tutor to re-explain concepts that are hard to grasp, thereby ensuring a rewarding learning experience.
3. How can I check my child’s progress? Are the live sessions recorded?
Yes, each live session with eTutorWorld is recorded so that parents can review their child’s learning experience. You can access recordings for 30 days from the date of the session. As for your child’s progress, our tutors provide students with homework sheets after every session and also maintain a comprehensive record of the topics covered, tests taken, elementary math worksheets completed, etc. Moreover, you will receive a progress report at the end of the course and know exactly how your child performed during the online math summer program.
4. What can we expect during a free trial session?
When you schedule a Free Trial for an online math summer course with us, your child will be introduced to a tutor and will have to take a diagnostic test to evaluate their skills. The tutor will learn more about the student before creating a personalized curriculum and explaining the technicalities of the course before starting the program. Based on the diagnosis, a schedule will be created during the Free Trial, in consultation with our tutor and education counsellors.
5. How does a live tutoring session work at eTutorWorld?
Once you sign up for a course, your child must login to our website and be available online at the scheduled time. Our tutor will login five minutes before the session, and your child can join in by clicking on ‘Join Session’. Our tutors use live voice interaction, live chat, and interactive white boards to deliver an unparalleled learning experience to your child. During the session, the tutor covers the topics one by one, as scheduled, and ensures that they move on to the next topic only after your child has fully understood and learned the previous one. Students can ask questions and resolve doubts as they go, thereby understanding and learning math in the most effective manner possible.
The program has allowed our daughter the opportunity to relax at home and feel at ease while working to improve her math skills. We would definitely recommend eTutorWorld.