1-to-1 Personalized Online Tutoring for ACT Test Prep
ACT Test Prep
The ACT is a standardized test accepted by most colleges and universities in United States for admission process. The ACT is based on what students learn in high school and is used to evaluate a student’s readiness for college.
More than 2 million students took the ACT in the year 2016, which makes for 2/3rd of the students in the graduating class.
ACT is a fast-paced test. To be successful in the ACT test, you need more endurance and fast thinking. At eTutorWorld, we help students learn and understand what to expect from the test and how to crack it.
ACT Prep Help with eTutorWorld
- Our expert tutors provide a thorough training to the students to make them familiar with the new content and format of ACT.
- Our experts tutors take regular sessions for the students so as they gain more confidence to score brilliantly on the final day of the test.
- The students are given sample worksheets and mock tests at regular intervals. All the sessions are inculcated based on the student’s needs which the tutors observe and keep a track of during their progress.
- Our experts give excellent personal guidance and direction to all students by putting more emphasis on their abilities and requirements.
About the ACTThe ACT consists of four multiple choice subject tests: English, Math, Reading, and Science Reasoning and an optional writing section.
What’s on it?
Five essays with various sections underlined on the left side of the page and options to correct the underlined portions on the other side of the page
What does it test?
Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and rhetorical skills
What’s on it?
14 pre-algebra, 10 elementary algebra, 9 intermediate algebra, 14 plane geometry, 9 coordinate geometry, and 4 elementary trigonometry questions
What does it test?
Math skills typically acquired in courses taken up to the beginning of grade 12
ACT ScoresThe ACT is scored on a scale of 1 (lowest) to 36 (highest) in each of the four sections and then these four scores are averaged to generate the composite score. The ACT is scored differently from most of the other school tests. The score on the test section is not the total number of questions that is answered, nor the percentage of questions answered correctly. Instead, the correct answers in each section are added up by the test makers to get a raw score.
ACT Score Overview
- The ACT test is scored in a scale of 1 – 36 in each section
- There is no negative marking in ACT for wrong answers, so definitely guess
- The average score of all the four sections gives the composite score
- ACT score is based on raw score which are converted to scale scores for each of the main test
- Just a few answers right or wrong can make a big difference
ACT Test Score Ranges
Expert Tips on preparing for ACT
- The ACT is a fast-paced test. Practice taking a complete, timed ACT test. Maintain focus and answer quickly.
- The ACT is given many times per year. Plan your test date around the time where you will have more time to prepare
- Set a target score on how much you want to improve and continuously practice and work towards it
- Schedule a consistent number of hours every week for practice and stick to it
Why learn with eTutorWorld ?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort of your home
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.
Test names and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of them are affiliated with eTutorWorld Corporation.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. eTutorWorld provides the best K-12 Online Tutoring Services so you can learn from the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost.
Be it an exam, class test or a quiz, eTutorWorld’s Math, Science and English tutors are responsible for your academic progress. Meet your personal coach at your convenient day and time to get help for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. All our tutors are graduates and bring with them years of teaching experience to the tutoring lessons.
Our ‘Learning by Design’ methodology makes sure that each student is at the center of the teaching-learning process. All tutoring sessions start with a question to the student ‘What do you want to learn today?’ Hence, tutors diagnose your skills and recognize your requirements before the actual tutoring happens. Post every tutoring session, an individualized worksheet is emailed to the student to assimilate learned concepts. Regular formative assessments are used to evaluate a student’s understanding of the subject.
The state of the art technology used is stable, user friendly and safe. All you need is a computer or a tablet and an internet connection. The easy-to-use web conferencing software requires a one time download, using which the student can talk and chat to the tutor, annotate on an interactive shared whiteboard or even share documents, assignments or worksheets.
All tutoring sessions are recorded and made available for a month so you can review concepts taught.
Email or call our support team with any issues or questions – we are here for you 24X7.
Also, download free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and solve SCAT and SSAT Practice Tests online. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
Thousands have taken the eTutorWorld Advantage – what are you waiting for?
© 2019 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved