AP Physics C Tutoring
AP Physics C (Mechanics + Electricity & Magnetism)
Both the AP Physics C courses serve as a strong foundation in physics for students majoring in the physical sciences or engineering during their college years.
Who can take up the AP Physics C Courses?
- Students who have the knowledge of the introductory college physics courses.
- A previous or concurrent course in calculus is often required of students taking Physics C
What is the AP Physics Course C all about?
- The AP Physics course C covers two major areas: mechanics, and electricity and magnetism, with equal emphasis on both. Students may take either or both the AP Physics C exams, and separate grades are reported.
- Although fewer topics are covered in Physics C than in Physics 1 & 2, they are covered in greater depth, including calculus applications.
What does a student get at eTutorWorld?
- At eTutorWorld, we design approaches that best fit the needs of our students so the goals of the course are met.
- Students are able to read, understand, and interpret physical information – verbal, mathematical and graphical.
- Students learn to describe and explain the sequence of steps in the analysis of a physical phenomenon or problem.
- Students use basic mathematical reasoning to solve a physical problem.
Learn with expert AP Physics teachers. The tutors here are empowered with the best technology and the training for online AP Physics tutoring. They coach students through individualized learning sessions that they can take from the comfort of their homes.
AP Physics C (Mechanics)
1. Kinematics and dynamics in one and two dimensions
- Kinematics and Vectors including non-constant acceleration
- Projectile motion
- Circular motion (kinematics)
- Newton’s Laws
- Problem solving with Newton’s Laws
- Retarding forces and pseudo forces
2. Work, Energy, and Momentum
- Work and energy in one to three dimensions
- Work for varying forces and non-conservative forces
- Momentum and collisions in one to three dimensions
- Center of Mass and the center of mass reference frame
3. Rotational Kinematics and Dynamics
- Rotational Kinematics
- Moment of Inertia requiring integration
- Kinetic energy of rotating objects
- Conservation of Angular momentum
- Statics, Solving problems with Newton’s Second Law in its rotational form
4. Gravitation, Simple Harmonic Motion
- Newton’s Law of Universal Gravitation
- Finding the gravitational force via integration
- Oscillations and Simple Harmonic Motion
AP Physics C (Electricity & Magnetism)
- Electric charge and its properties
- Coulomb’s laws
- The Electric Field
- Gauss Law
- Electric Potential
- Problem solving in Electrostatics, requiring integration to find fields and forces
2. Current and Electronic Circuits
- Capacitors and Dielectrics
- Electric current
- Ohm’s Law
- Resistance and Resistors
- Electric Circuits Kirchoff’s Rules and solving circuit problems
- The Magnetic Field
- Force on currents and charged particles moving through a Magnetic field
- Sources of Magnetic field, requiring integration to find fields and forces
- Ampere’s Law
4. Induction, Maxwell’s Equations and AC circuits
- Magnetic induction and EMF
- Lenz’s Law
- Inductance and Mutual Inductance
- Introduction to Maxwell’s Equations
- Alternating Current circuits (RC, LR, LRC)
Why eTutorWorld ?
- Learn at any time and from anywhere through unique personal lesson plans
- Experience the extensive use of online resources and state-of-the-art technology
- Enjoy one-on-one live personalized coaching
- Navigate your homework with ease and learn advanced topics
Find out how eTutorWorld can help you improve your Grades.
No credit card is required, nor are you under any obligation to make a purchase. Just schedule the FREE TRIAL lesson to meet a tutor & get help on any topic you want!
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. Come to eTutorWorld for Expert Tutors and best K-12 Online Tutoring Services in the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost. Find a tutor online for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. Get free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and SCAT Practice Tests. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved