AP Physics 1 and 2 (Algebra based) Tutoring
Why Advanced Placement Physics 1 and 2 Courses?
AP Physics Courses 1 and 2 provide a foundation in physics for students in the life sciences, pre-medicine, and some applied sciences, as well as other fields not directly related to science. It is a preparation for more advanced physics and engineering courses. The course provides a systematic development of the main principles of physics; emphasizing problem solving and helping students develop a basic understanding of physics concepts. Students should be familiar with algebra and preferably trigonometry also else trigonometry topics will be covered in the course. Basic concepts of calculus are not required.
In early 2014, the College Board divided the AP Physics B syllabus into two one-year courses Physics 1 and Physics 2, both of which are algebra based. AP Physics C continues to be a calculus based course divided into Physics C – Mechanics and Physics C – Electricity and Magnetism.
Why AP Physics at eTutorWorld?
At eTutorWorld, you can learn with expert AP Physics teachers. These tutors here are empowered with the best technology and the training for online AP Physics tutoring. They coach students through individualized learning sessions that they can take from the comfort of their homes.
AP Physics 1 (Algebra based)
- One dimensional motion: constant velocity and uniform accelerated motion
- Vectors: components & resultant
- Two dimensional motion: projectile motion
- Forces & free body diagrams
- Newton’s 1st Law
- Newton’s 2nd Law
- Newton’s 3rd Law
- Applications of Newton’s 2nd Law (Inclines, Atwood’s, etc.)
2. Circular Motion
- Uniform circular motion
- Dynamics of uniform circular motion
- Universal Gravitation
- Kinetic energy
- Potential energy (gravitational, elastic)
- Conservation of Energy
- Conservation of Momentum
- Elastic & Inelastic Collisions
5. Rotational Motion
- Center of Mass
- Rotational kinematics
- Rotational dynamics & rotational inertia
- Rotational energy
- Angular momentum
- Conservation of angular momentum
6. Simple Harmonic Motion
- Restoring forces
- SHM Graphs
- Simple Pendulum
- Mass-spring systems
7. Mechanical Waves
- Traveling waves
- Wave characteristics
- Standing waves on a string
- Standing sound waves
- Electric charge & conservation of charge
- Electric force: Coulomb’s Law
9. DC Circuits
- Electric resistance
- Ohm’s Law
- DC Circuits
- Series & Parallel Circuits
- Kirchhoff’s Laws
AP Physics 2 (Algebra based)
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Ideal Gases
- Kinetic Theory
2. Fluid Statics and Dynamics
- Hydrostatic pressure
- Fluid flow continuity
- Bernoulli’s equation
3. Electrostatics (continued)
- Charge and Coulomb’s law
- Electric field and electric potential (including point charges)
- Electrostatics with conductors
4. DC Circuits and RC Circuits
- Current, resistance, power
- Steady-state direct current circuits with batteries and resistors only
- Capacitors in circuits (steady-state)
5. Magnetism and Electromagnetic Induction
- Forces on moving charges in magnetic fields
- Forces on current-carrying wire in magnetic fields
- Fields of long current-carrying wires
- Electromagnetic induction (including Faraday’s and Lenz’s Law)
6. Geometric and Physical Optics
- Interference and diffraction
- Dispersion of light and the electromagnetic spectrum
- Reflection and refraction
7. Quantum, Atomic and Nuclear Physics
- Photons, the photoelectric effect, Compton scattering, x-rays
- Atomic energy levels
- Wave-particle duality
- Nuclear reactions (including conservation of mass number and charge)
- Mass-energy equivalence
Why learn with eTutorWorld ?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort of your home
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. eTutorWorld provides the best K-12 Online Tutoring Services so you can learn from the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost.
Be it an exam, class test or a quiz, eTutorWorld’s Math, Science and English tutors are responsible for your academic progress. Meet your personal coach at your convenient day and time to get help for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. All our tutors are graduates and bring with them years of teaching experience to the tutoring lessons.
Our ‘Learning by Design’ methodology makes sure that each student is at the center of the teaching-learning process. All tutoring sessions start with a question to the student ‘What do you want to learn today?’ Hence, tutors diagnose your skills and recognize your requirements before the actual tutoring happens. Post every tutoring session, an individualized worksheet is emailed to the student to assimilate learned concepts. Regular formative assessments are used to evaluate a student’s understanding of the subject.
The state of the art technology used is stable, user friendly and safe. All you need is a computer or a tablet and an internet connection. The easy-to-use web conferencing software requires a one time download, using which the student can talk and chat to the tutor, annotate on an interactive shared whiteboard or even share documents, assignments or worksheets.
All tutoring sessions are recorded and made available for a month so you can review concepts taught.
Email or call our support team with any issues or questions – we are here for you 24X7.
Also, download free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and solve SCAT and SSAT Practice Tests online. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
Thousands have taken the eTutorWorld Advantage – what are you waiting for?
© 2019 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved