AP Chemistry Tutoring Online
Why an Advanced Placement Chemistry course?
- The AP Chemistry course is designed to be the equivalent of the general chemistry course usually taken during the first college year.
- The AP Chemistry course exposes the student to a universe of knowledge that is unexplored at high school.
- AP Chemistry gives the student a credit for general chemistry during the first college year.
- AP Chemistry helps the student to register for courses in other fields where general chemistry is a prerequisite.
- AP Chemistry fulfills the lab science requirement. Outside the U.S., universities in more than 60 countries recognize AP in their admissions processes.
Who can take up an AP chemistry course?
Students who are successfully completed their first course in high school chemistry. It is recommended that students successfully complete a second-year algebra course.
What does a student get from at eTutorWorld?
- eTutorWorld helps students get 5 credits on their AP scores.
- Students get an in depth understanding of fundamentals and reasonable competence in dealing with chemical problems.
- Our AP Chem Tutors help students to think clearly and express their ideas orally and in writing with clarity and logic.
- Students will develop the required intellectual skills in chemistry.
More on AP chemistry…
- Students in an AP Chemistry course should spend at least five hours a week in individual study outside of the classroom.
- Calculators or equation tables are not permitted on the multiple-choice section of the AP Chemistry Exam.
For the last 40 minutes (Part B) of the exam, students will work without calculators on the free-response section.
- Students will develop the required intellectual skills in chemistry.
At eTutorWorld, tutoring sessions are:
- Customized to your child’s needs for students from Grades 3-12, Test Prep & College
- Customized to your child’s needs for students wanting to learn Math, Science or English
- Scheduled in advance at your convenient times
- Scheduled with a tutor of your choice, so you have a friend and mentor in the form of an online tutor
- Fully interactive including the unique ability to actually talk to the tutor live
- Recorded and made available to students & parents for future reference
Structure of Matter
Atomic theory and atomic structure
- Evidence for the atomic theory
- Atomic masses; determination by chemical and physical means
- Atomic number and mass number; isotopes
- Electron energy levels: atomic spectra, quantum numbers, atomic orbitals
- Periodic relationships including, for example, atomic radii, ionization energies,electron affinities, oxidation states
- Binding forces
- Molecular models
- Geometry of molecules and ions, structural isomerism of simple organic molecules and coordination complexes; dipole moments of molecules; relation of properties to structure
- Nuclear equations, half-lives, and radioactivity; chemical applications
States of Matter
- Laws of ideal gases
- Equation of state for an ideal gas
- Partial pressures
- Kinetic molecular theory
- Interpretation of ideal gas laws on the basis of this theory
- Avogadro’s hypothesis and the mole concept
- Dependence of kinetic energy of molecules on temperature
- Deviations from ideal gas laws
Liquids and solids
- Liquids and solids from the kinetic-molecular viewpoint
- Phase diagrams of one-component systems
- Changes of state, including critical points and triple points
- Structure of solids; lattice energies
- Types of solutions and factors affecting solubility
- Methods of expressing concentration (use of normalities is not tested)
- Raoult’s law and colligative properties (nonvolatile solutes); osmosis
- Non-ideal behavior (qualitative aspects)
- Acid-base reactions; concepts of Arrhenius, Brønsted-Lowry, and Lewis;coordination complexes; amphoterism
- Precipitation reactions
- Oxidation-reduction reactions
- Oxidation number
- The role of the electron in oxidation-reduction
- Electrochemistry: electrolytic and galvanic cells; Faraday’s laws; standard half-cell potentials; Nernst equation; prediction of the direction of redox reactions
- Ionic and molecular species present in chemical systems: net ionic equations
- Balancing of equations, including those for redox reactions
- Mass and volume relations with emphasis on the mole concept, including empirical formulas and limiting reactants
- Concept of dynamic equilibrium, physical and chemical; Le Chatelier’s principle; equilibrium constants
- Quantitative treatment
- Equilibrium constants for gaseous reactions: Kp, Kc
- Equilibrium constants for reactions in solution
- Constants for acids and bases; pK; pH
- Solubility product constants and their application to precipitation and the dissolution of slightly soluble compounds
- Common ion effect; buffers; hydrolysis
- Concept of rate of reaction
- Use of experimental data and graphical analysis to determine reactant order, rate constants, and reaction rate laws
- Effect of temperature change on rates
- Energy of activation; the role of catalysts
- The relationship between the rate-determining step and a mechanism
- State functions
- First law: change in enthalpy; heat of formation; heat of reaction; Hess’s law; heats of vaporization and fusion; calorimetry
- Second law: entropy; free energy of formation; free energy of reaction; dependence of change in free energy on enthalpy and entropy changes
- Relationship of change in free energy to equilibrium constants and electrode potential.
- Chemical reactivity and products of chemical reactions
- Relationships in the periodic table
- Introduction to organic chemistry: hydrocarbons and functional groups (structure, nomenclature, chemical properties)
Your child can participate in live communication via voice (VOIP), chat, whiteboard and web based content using industry standard web conferencing technology. Our unique Learning by Design teaching methodology follows a teaching process that emphasizes on student performance measurement and improvement tracking. We provide on-demand homework help too. Our tutors make sure that students understands the underlying concept in any homework. Once students are able to comprehend the concept, they can do their homework on their own.
Schedule a free session today and see how powerful and fun one-on-one personal tutoring with eTutorWorld can be!
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. eTutorWorld provides the best K-12 Online Tutoring Services so you can learn from the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost.
Be it an exam, class test or a quiz, eTutorWorld’s Math, Science and English tutors are responsible for your academic progress. Meet your personal coach at your convenient day and time to get help for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. All our tutors are graduates and bring with them years of teaching experience to the tutoring lessons.
Our ‘Learning by Design’ methodology makes sure that each student is at the center of the teaching-learning process. All tutoring sessions start with a question to the student ‘What do you want to learn today?’ Hence, tutors diagnose your skills and recognize your requirements before the actual tutoring happens. Post every tutoring session, an individualized worksheet is emailed to the student to assimilate learned concepts. Regular formative assessments are used to evaluate a student’s understanding of the subject.
The state of the art technology used is stable, user friendly and safe. All you need is a computer or a tablet and an internet connection. The easy-to-use web conferencing software requires a one time download, using which the student can talk and chat to the tutor, annotate on an interactive shared whiteboard or even share documents, assignments or worksheets.
All tutoring sessions are recorded and made available for a month so you can review concepts taught.
Email or call our support team with any issues or questions – we are here for you 24X7.
Also, download free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and solve SCAT and SSAT Practice Tests online. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
Thousands have taken the eTutorWorld Advantage – what are you waiting for?
© 2019 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved