Linear Equation Word Problems
Grade 7 Math Worksheets
Linear Equation Word Problems are mathematical problems that involve the application of linear equations to real-life situations.
Table of Contents:
- Linear Equation Word Problems
- Steps Involved in Solving a Linear Equation Word Problem
- Solved Examples
Personalized Online Tutoring
Linear Equation Word Problems - Grade 7 Math Worksheet PDF
This is a free worksheet with practice problems and answers. You can also work on it online.
Sign up with your email ID to access this free worksheet.
"We really love eTutorWorld!"
"We really love etutorworld!. Anand S and Pooja are excellent math teachers and are quick to respond with requests to tutor on any math topic!" - Kieran Y (via TrustSpot.io)
"My daughter gets distracted easily"
"My daughter gets distracted very easily and Ms. Medini and other teachers were patient with her and redirected her back to the courses.
With the help of Etutorworld, my daughter has been now selected in the Gifted and Talented Program for the school district"
- Nivea Sharma (via TrustSpot.io)
Linear Equation Word Problems
Linear equation word problems involve applying linear equations to real-world situations. These problems require the translation of verbal information into mathematical equations and the solution of those equations to find the unknown quantities.
Steps involved in solving a linear equation word problem
1. Read the problem carefully and note what is given and what is required and what is given.
2. Denote the unknown by the variables as x, y, …….
3. Translate the problem to the language of mathematics or mathematical statements.
4. Form the linear equation in one variable using the conditions given in the problems.
5. Solve the equation for the unknown.
6. Verify to be sure whether the answer satisfies the conditions of the problem.
“There have been times when we booked them last minute, but the teachers have been extremely well-prepared and the help desk at etutorworld is very prompt.
Our kid is doing much better with a higher score.”
7th Grade Tutoring
eTutorWorld offers Personalized Online Tutoring for Math, Science, English, and Standardised Tests.
Our Tutoring Packs start at just under $21 per hour, and come with a moneyback guarantee.
Schedule a FREE Trial Session, and experience quality tutoring for yourself. (No credit card required.)
Do You Stack Up Against the Best?
If you have 30 minutes, try our free diagnostics test and assess your skills.
What do you mean by biodiversity?
Biodiversity refers to biological diversity. The variety and variability of life on earth.It refers to variabilities among plants, animals, and microorganism species.
Name the different types of biodiversity.
The various types of biodiversity are – Genetic Diversity, Species Diversity, Ecological Diversity, and Regional Diversity.
Differentiate between genetic and species diversity.
Genetic diversity refers to the diversity of genes within a species, whereas species diversity refers to the enormous variety of species in a given location.
Gloria Mathew writes on math topics for K-12. A trained writer and communicator, she makes math accessible and understandable to students at all levels. Her ability to explain complex math concepts with easy to understand examples helps students master math. LinkedIn
Affordable Tutoring Now Starts at Just $21
eTutorWorld offers affordable one-on-one live tutoring over the web for Grades K-12. We are also a leading provider of Test Prep help for Standardized Tests (SCAT, CogAT, MAP, SSAT, SAT, ACT, ISEE, and AP).
What makes eTutorWorld stand apart are: flexibility in lesson scheduling, quality of hand-picked tutors, assignment of tutors based on academic counseling and diagnostic tests of each student, and our 100% money-back guarantee.
Whether you have never tried personalized online tutoring before or are looking for better tutors and flexibility at an affordable price point, schedule a FREE TRIAL Session with us today.
*There is no purchase obligation or credit card requirement
- Elements and Compounds
- Solar Energy
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Law of conservation of energy
- Periodic table
- Properties of Matter
- Energy Resources
- Weather and Climate
- Immune, Circulatory and Digestive Systems
- Organs in Multi-cellular Organism
- Sedimentary, Igneous, and Metamorphic Rocks
- Structure of the Earth
- Law of Conservation of Mass
- Physical and Chemical Changes
- Scientific Method
- Human Digestive System
- Environmental Science
- Renewable and Non-renewable energy Resources
- Characteristics of Living Organisms
- Life Science
- Earth and Space Science
- Solar Eclipse
- Heat Technology
- Newton’s Laws of Motions
- Physical Science
- Tools, Measurement and SI Units
- Earth Atmosphere
- Interactions of Living things
- The Earth Ecosystem
- Organelles in Plant and Animal cells
- Layers of the Earth
- Cycles in Nature
- Linear equations word problems
- Properties of Parallel Line
- Finding slope from an equation
- Identifying Quadrilaterals
- Percent Change
- Properties of addition and multiplication
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Solving two step inequalities
- Fractions to Decimals (New)
- Whole Number Exponents with Integer Bases (New)
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions (New)
- Integer Addition and Subtraction (New)
- Dividing Mixed Numbers (New)
- Basics of Coordinate Geometry (New)