Slope-intercept Equation of a Line using two points
Since we have already discussed the slope intercept form of the equation of a line.
Substituting the value of m from above equation we have(y – ) = ( – ),
which can be written as y= (x-)+
- Find the equation of line passing through (2, 1) and (7, 2).Here slope m= = =Substitute the value of m from above we have(y-5)=(x-2)or y=x−+1=x+ which is the slope intercept form obtained using two points.
- Find the equation of line passing through (3, 0) and (5, 8).Here slope m= = = = 4Substitute the value of m from above we have (y – 0) = 4(x – 3) = 4x – 12or y = 4x – 12.
- Find the equation of a line passing through (5, 3) & (-5, -3).
- Find the equation of a line passing through (2, 4) & (0, 6) in slope intercept form.
- Find the equation of a line passing through (15, 9) & (9, 15) in slope intercept form.
- Find the equation of a line passing through (0, 3) & (11, -7) in slope intercept form.
- Find the equation of a line passing through (0, 0) & (12, 23) in slope intercept form.
- 3x – 5y = 0 or y = x
- Y = (-x + 6)
- y = 24 –x
- y =x + 3
- y = x
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. eTutorWorld provides the best K-12 Online Tutoring Services so you can learn from the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost.
Be it an exam, class test or a quiz, eTutorWorld’s Math, Science and English tutors are responsible for your academic progress. Meet your personal coach at your convenient day and time to get help for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. All our tutors are graduates and bring with them years of teaching experience to the tutoring lessons.
Our ‘Learning by Design’ methodology makes sure that each student is at the center of the teaching-learning process. All tutoring sessions start with a question to the student ‘What do you want to learn today?’ Hence, tutors diagnose your skills and recognize your requirements before the actual tutoring happens. Post every tutoring session, an individualized worksheet is emailed to the student to assimilate learned concepts. Regular formative assessments are used to evaluate a student’s understanding of the subject.
The state of the art technology used is stable, user friendly and safe. All you need is a computer or a tablet and an internet connection. The easy-to-use web conferencing software requires a one time download, using which the student can talk and chat to the tutor, annotate on an interactive shared whiteboard or even share documents, assignments or worksheets.
All tutoring sessions are recorded and made available for a month so you can review concepts taught.
Email or call our support team with any issues or questions – we are here for you 24X7.
Also, download free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and solve SCAT and SSAT Practice Tests online. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
Thousands have taken the eTutorWorld Advantage – what are you waiting for?
© 2020 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved