Area Of 2D Figures
Area of Triangle
Area = baseheight
The base and height of triangle should be perpendicular to each other.
Example: Find the area of triangle with base length 4 ft and vertical height 3 ft.
Area of triangle = 6 ft2
Area of Square
Area of a square = (side)2
Example: What is the area of square with each side length 2 yards?
Area of a square = (side)2 = (2)2 = 4 yd2
Area of Rectangle
Area of a rectangle = length × width
Example: What is the area of a rectangular sheet with length 8 inches and width 4 inches?
Area of rectangular sheet = length × width = 8
in × 4 in = 32 in2
Area of Parallelogram
Opposite sides in parallelogram are equal in length and opposite angles are equal in measure.
Area of parallelogram = base × height
Example: What is the area of given parallelogram?
Area of parallelogram = base × height = 4 mi × 3 mi = 12 mi2
Area of Trapezoid
A trapezoid has one pair of sides that are parallel to each other.
In the figure below, base 1 and base 2 are parallel to each other.
Area of trapezoid =(base 1+base 2)height
Example: Find the area of a trapezoid with bases 7 cm and 3 cm. The height of trapezoid is 4 cm.
Area of trapezoid = = 5 cm × 4 cm = 20 cm2
- ABC is a right angled triangle with hypotenuse AC = 25 cm and base, BC = 24 cm. Find the area of triangle ABC.
- Find the area of a square field which is double the area of a rectangular field with length 60 m and 40 m.
- If the diagonal of a square is in, what is the area of square?
- What is the area of a trapezoid with height 3 in, and bases 1.5 in and 6.5 in?
- Find the area of parallelogram with base 7.5 yd and height 6.8 yd.
- 84 cm2
- 4800 m2
- 100 in2
- 12 in2
- 51 yd2
Download/Solve a Worksheet for Area of 2D figures