Online Pre-Algebra Tutoring: Fractions
Learn Fractions from Certified Online Pre-Algebra Tutor
A fraction is in its in lowest terms if the Greatest Common Factor (GCF), also called the Greatest Common Divisor (GCD), of the numerator and denominator is 1.
For example, 3/4 is in lowest terms but 9/12 is not.
A fraction is written in lowest terms when it uses the smallest possible numerator and denominator.
Steps to reduce fractions to lowest terms
1. Find the Greatest Common Factor (GCF) i.e. find the largest number that divides both the numerator and the denominator.
2. Divide both the numerator and the denominator by that number.
Let’s understand with an example:
Write 25/35 in lowest terms.
Find the Greatest Common Factor (GCF)
of 25 and 35
GCF = 5
We can reduce the fraction by dividing
the numerator and denominator by 5
and get our simplified answer
- Write 30/36 in lowest terms.
- Write 99/297 in lowest terms.
- Write 625/1125 in lowest terms.
- Rebecca loves oranges. Yesterday she bought 6 boxes that contained 2 dozen oranges each, and today she has only 20 left What fraction of her oranges did she eat? Reduce to lowest terms.
- Jojo uses 5 crayons on every picture she draws. If she starts with a box of 100 crayons and draws 10 pictures, what fraction of box of crayons will she be left with ?Reduce to lowest term.
- Rebecca ate 31/36 oranges
- Jojo will have 1/2 of box of crayons left with her.
Personalized Online Tutoring
eTutorWorld offers affordable one-on-one live tutoring over the web for Grades 2-12, Test Prep help for Standardized tests like SCAT, CogAT, SSAT, SAT, ACT, ISEE and AP. You may schedule online tutoring lessons at your personal scheduled times, all with a Money-Back Guarantee. The first one-on-one online tutoring lesson is always FREE, no purchase obligation, no credit card required.
For answers/solutions to any question or to learn concepts, take a FREE Demo Session.
No credit card required, no obligation to purchase.
Just schedule a FREE Sessions to meet a tutor and get help on any topic you want!
Pricing for Online Tutoring
|Tutoring Package||Validity||Grade (1-12), College|
|5 sessions||1 Month||$129|
|1 session||1 Month||$26|
|10 sessions||3 months||$249|
|15 sessions||3 months||$369|
|20 sessions||4 months||$469|
|50 sessions||6 months||$1099|
|100 sessions||12 months||$2099|
IN THE NEWS
Our mission is to provide high quality online tutoring services, using state of the art Internet technology, to school students worldwide.
Online test prep and practice
Pre Calculus Tutoring
Sales Partner Opportunities
Our Expert Tutors
Safe and Secure Tutoring
Interactive Online Tutoring
After School Tutoring
Elementary School Tutoring
Middle School Tutoring
High School Tutoring
Home Work Help
Math Tutors New York City