Grade 8 Math Worksheets
Volume of Cone
Volume of cone = h, where = 3.14 or
Example: Find the volume of a cone with radius 2 cm and height 7 cm. (Round the answer to nearest hundredth place)
Solution: Volume of cone = h=7== 29.31 cm3
Volume of Cylinder
Volume of cylinder = h, where = 3.14 or .
Example: Find the volume of a cylinder with diameter 4 feet and height 7 feet. (Use = )
Solution: Volume of cylinder =h=7=224= 88 ft3
Volume of Sphere
Volume of sphere = , where = 3.14 or .
Example: Linda purchased a spherical aquarium of diameter 70 cm. What is the volume of aquarium? (Use = )
Volume of sphere = = =25666.67 cm3
- What is the capacity of a silo (silo is a large cylindrical vessel for storing bulk materials) with height 90 ft and diameter 30 ft? (Use = 3.14)
- Find the volume of an ice cream cone with radius 5 cm and a height of 12 cm. (Use = 3.14)
- What is the volume of water tank with a diameter of 4 feet and height 6 ft (Use = 3.14)
- What is the volume of cone with diameter of 2 mi and a height of 12 mi? (Use = 3.14 and round the answer to nearest tenth)
- What is the volume of a spherical ball with radius 10 cm? (Use = 3.14)
- 63,585 ft3
- 314 cm3
- 75.36 ft3
- 12.6 mi3
- 3,140 cm3
Personalized Online Tutoring
eTutorWorld offers affordable one-on-one live tutoring over the web for Grades 2-12, Test Prep help for Standardized tests like SCAT, CogAT, SSAT, SAT, ACT, ISEE and AP. You may schedule online tutoring lessons at your personal scheduled times, all with a Money-Back Guarantee. The first one-on-one online tutoring lesson is always FREE, no purchase obligation, no credit card required.
For answers/solutions to any question or to learn concepts, take a FREE Demo Session.
No credit card required, no obligation to purchase.
Just schedule a FREE Sessions to meet a tutor and get help on any topic you want!
Pricing for Personalized Online Tutoring
|Tutoring Package||Validity||Grade (1-12), College|
|5 sessions||21 Days||$114|
|1 session||21 Days||$24|
|10 sessions||2 months||$219|
|15 sessions||3 months||$319|
|20 sessions||3 months||$409|
|50 sessions||6 months||$949|
|100 sessions||10 months||$1849|