Slope-intercept Equation of a Line using two points
Since we have already discussed the slope intercept form of the equation of a line.
Substituting the value of m from above equation we have(y – ) = ( – ),
which can be written as y= (x-)+
- Find the equation of line passing through (2, 1) and (7, 2).Here slope m= = =Substitute the value of m from above we have(y-5)=(x-2)or y=x−+1=x+ which is the slope intercept form obtained using two points.
- Find the equation of line passing through (3, 0) and (5, 8).Here slope m= = = = 4Substitute the value of m from above we have (y – 0) = 4(x – 3) = 4x – 12or y = 4x – 12.
- Find the equation of a line passing through (5, 3) & (-5, -3).
- Find the equation of a line passing through (2, 4) & (0, 6) in slope intercept form.
- Find the equation of a line passing through (15, 9) & (9, 15) in slope intercept form.
- Find the equation of a line passing through (0, 3) & (11, -7) in slope intercept form.
- Find the equation of a line passing through (0, 0) & (12, 23) in slope intercept form.
- 3x – 5y = 0 or y = x
- Y = (-x + 6)
- y = 24 –x
- y =x + 3
- y = x
IN THE NEWS
Our mission is to provide high quality online tutoring services, using state of the art Internet technology, to school students worldwide.
Terms of service
Money Back Guarantee
Connect with us
Online test prep and practice
Pre Calculus Tutoring
Sales Partner Opportunities
Our Expert Tutors
Safe and Secure Tutoring
Interactive Online Tutoring
After School Tutoring
Elementary School Tutoring
Middle School Tutoring
High School Tutoring
Home Work Help
Math Tutors New York City