Grade 6 Math Worksheets
Why do you use a histogram?
Histogram is an illustrative way to represent a particular data. It is shown in vertical bar formation for a particular input and with respect to the number of continuous data given, which is said to be the frequency in each category.
A histogram is a single block graph of rectangles where the area of each rectangle will be proportional to the frequency.
Example 1: The points scored by John in his school test was marked in 10 for subjects Math, English, Science, French as 5, 6, 8, 7 respectively. Represent the above data in a histogram.
- Highest number of songs sung in a year.
- Least number of songs sung.
- of songs 14 singers sang.
- How many singers sang 3-4 songs?
In such a pictorial representation it is easy to identify and find out, calculate a specific detail instead of analyzing the whole data.
- Grey colored bar on the graph states that 6 is the highest number of songs sung.
- Purple colored bar denotes 1 is least number of song sung.
- 5-6 songs were sung by 14 singers.
- 11 singers sang 3-4 songs.
Example 3: Following is the histogram view of a data showing the list of people who order home utilities online.
Basic items sold online are furniture, kitchen appliances, mobile phones and groceries.
- Find the product that is sold largely.
- How many people buy groceries online?
- The product which is sold largely is kitchen appliances.
- Between 0-200 people buy groceries online.
- Use the histogram to identify how long a student spends time on gadgets on school off days.
a.How many students spend only 5-10 hours?
b.How long does 4 students spend on gadgets?
c.Number of students spending maximum number of hours.
- Sheila collected the details of no. of novels sold in a book fair and made a histogram of the data which showed the no. of books sold between 20-200 dollars.
a) Draw a histogram if following is the data collected.
|No. of books (novels)||Amount (in Dollars)|
b) How many books were sold between $150 and $105?
- 3 students
- 10 – 15 hours
- 9 students
- Histogram made by Sheila will look like:
b.20 books were sold between $105 and $150.
Personalized Online Tutoring
eTutorWorld offers affordable one-on-one live tutoring over the web for Grades 2-12, Test Prep help for Standardized tests like SCAT, CogAT, SSAT, SAT, ACT, ISEE and AP. You may schedule online tutoring lessons at your personal scheduled times, all with a Money-Back Guarantee. The first one-on-one online tutoring lesson is always FREE, no purchase obligation, no credit card required.
For answers/solutions to any question or to learn concepts, take a FREE Demo Session.
No credit card required, no obligation to purchase.
Just schedule a FREE Sessions to meet a tutor and get help on any topic you want!
Pricing for Online Tutoring
|Tutoring Package||Validity||Grade (1-12), College|
|5 sessions||1 Month||$129|
|1 session||1 Month||$26|
|10 sessions||3 months||$249|
|15 sessions||3 months||$369|
|20 sessions||4 months||$469|
|50 sessions||6 months||$1099|
|100 sessions||12 months||$2099|