Evaluating Algebraic expressions with variables word problems
Grade 6 Math Worksheets
Example: The price Regina pays to visit the vet’s clinic is calculated according to the formula 20 + 50n. Here n is the number of times she visits him in a year. This time it was 2. What was the cost of his visit?
Equation here says: 20 + 50n
= 20 + (50.n)
= 20 + (50 × 2)
= 20 + 100
= $120 (Answer)
The expression 10g, tells the number of miles a car can travel using g liters of gasoline.
How far can this car travel on 10 litres of gasoline?
Solution: 10g is the expression
= 10. 10
= 10 ×
= 5 × 21
= 105 miles (Answer)
- The expression is 3f + 23, where f is 10. What is the value of the expression?
- What is the pocket money Hilly receives in a week if she gets 5w + 12, where w is $10?
- Kim runs a food truck. The expression 25s + 2hgives the cost of s sandwiches and h hot dogs. Find the cost of 3 sandwiches and 7 hot chocolates.
- In a School sports day, the number of points the 8th grade team scores is given by 3x + 2y + 1z, xis the red team; y is yellow team, and z is the blue team. What is the total number of points scored by 10th graders when red scores 3 three points, yellow 5 points, and blue 2 points?
- The expression 7w + 200 litres are the water level which drops in a particular reservoir in a day. Calculate the water level if today is the 5th day.
- 21 points
- 235 litres
eTutorWorld Understands Math Tutoring | Online Math Worksheets are Important Tools
Understanding graphs, charts, and opinion polls in a newspaper, for calculating house and car payments, and for choosing a long-distance telephone service are impossible without strong math skills …and the only way to develop strong math skills is by constant practice.
‘Practice makes a man perfect’ holds true for no other field better than for math. A middle or high school student must set aside a minimum of an hour for math every day. Other than textbooks, worksheets help you revise and understand concepts better.
Our expert tutors prepare online maths worksheets that are age and grade-appropriate. Grade-wise math worksheets for Elementary Math, Arithmetic, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Pre-Calculus and Calculus can be solved to improve math skills, to get ahead or to even catch up.
You may download these FREE online math worksheets in the PDF format, and then print and email us their solutions for a free evaluation and analysis by eTutorworld’smath expert tutors.
You may solve these worksheets by yourself or with your peers while studying together.
The Answer Key at the end of each worksheet allows for a self-evaluation.
Personalized Online Tutoring
eTutorWorld offers affordable one-on-one live tutoring over the web for Grades K-12, Test Prep help for Standardized tests like SCAT, CogAT, MAP, SSAT, SAT, ACT, ISEE and AP. You may schedule online tutoring lessons at your personal scheduled times, all with a Money-Back Guarantee. The first one-on-one online tutoring lesson is always FREE, no purchase obligation, no credit card required.
For answers/solutions to any question or to learn concepts, take a FREE CLASS.
No credit card required, no obligation to purchase.
Just book a free class to meet a tutor and get help on any topic you want!
Pricing for Online Tutoring
|Tutoring Package||Validity||Grade (1-12), College|
|5 sessions||1 Month||$139|
|1 session||1 Month||$28|
|10 sessions||3 months||$269|
|15 sessions||3 months||$399|
|20 sessions||4 months||$499|
|50 sessions||6 months||$1189|
|100 sessions||12 months||$2249|