Evaluating Algebraic expressions with variables word problems
Grade 6 Math Worksheets
Example: The price Regina pays to visit the vet’s clinic is calculated according to the formula 20 + 50n. Here n is the number of times she visits him in a year. This time it was 2. What was the cost of his visit?
Equation here says: 20 + 50n
= 20 + (50.n)
= 20 + (50 × 2)
= 20 + 100
= $120 (Answer)
The expression 10g, tells the number of miles a car can travel using g liters of gasoline.
How far can this car travel on 10 litres of gasoline?
Solution: 10g is the expression
= 10. 10
= 10 ×
= 5 × 21
= 105 miles (Answer)
- The expression is 3f + 23, where f is 10. What is the value of the expression?
- What is the pocket money Hilly receives in a week if she gets 5w + 12, where w is $10?
- Kim runs a food truck. The expression 25s + 2hgives the cost of s sandwiches and h hot dogs. Find the cost of 3 sandwiches and 7 hot chocolates.
- In a School sports day, the number of points the 8th grade team scores is given by 3x + 2y + 1z, xis the red team; y is yellow team, and z is the blue team. What is the total number of points scored by 10th graders when red scores 3 three points, yellow 5 points, and blue 2 points?
- The expression 7w + 200 litres are the water level which drops in a particular reservoir in a day. Calculate the water level if today is the 5th day.
- 21 points
- 235 litres
Personalized Online Tutoring
eTutorWorld offers affordable one-on-one live tutoring over the web for Grades K-12, Test Prep help for Standardized tests like SCAT, CogAT, MAP, SSAT, SAT, ACT, ISEE and AP. You may schedule online tutoring lessons at your personal scheduled times, all with a Money-Back Guarantee. The first one-on-one online tutoring lesson is always FREE, no purchase obligation, no credit card required.
For answers/solutions to any question or to learn concepts, take a FREE TRIAL Session.
No credit card required, no obligation to purchase.
Just schedule a FREE Sessions to meet a tutor and get help on any topic you want!
Pricing for Online Tutoring
|Tutoring Package||Validity||Grade (1-12), College|
|5 sessions||1 Month||$129|
|1 session||1 Month||$26|
|10 sessions||3 months||$249|
|15 sessions||3 months||$369|
|20 sessions||4 months||$469|
|50 sessions||6 months||$1099|
|100 sessions||12 months||$2099|