What’s New in the SAT an eTutorWorld Handy Guide
- The essay which was given at the beginning is now at the end of the paper.
- The time limit has been increased from 25 to 50 minutes.
- The change in status of the essay from compulsory to optional opens up the choice for institutions wanting the essay or not. That is determined by the institutions at a later stage.
- Essay results will now also be reported separately.
SAT Reading: (Reading is central to the SATs)
- There is now added emphasis on the same.
- There is evidence based reading and writing.
- Vocabulary becomes more important with added emphasis on not only the meanings but the tone and the impact of the word.
- Multiple definitions of the word will be needed, so one might be familiar with the given words but the level of understanding needs to be broader and the student hence broader.
- There is also a passage that is presented and the students need to analyze the situation. This is again to test real life skills of students to test both their reading ability and to probably check whether they can think on their feet.
SAT Math and Reasoning: (This has changed the least)
- The number of steps needed to solve a problem need to be exhibited in some places, so these are multi-step problems.
- Trigonometry is on the plate now, but the quantity is less.
- In a logistical sense, a section apparently has calculators banned.
- There is an emphasis on reasoning so that the problems are in sync with the real world. This is to test the student’s response in real situations.
- There will be no penalty for wrong answers. No negative marking is a huge change because it takes the pressure off the students; this is a good change from the deduction point for an incorrect answer (found in the earlier pattern). Gives a chance for students to score better without having to be worried about lowering their scores due to incorrect responses.
- And speaking of scores, the overall score reporting which ranged from 600 to 2400 will range from 400 to 1600.
- There will be four answer choices instead of five.
- Leaving a blank similarly will have no impact (this continues to be the same).
- Also, overall as stated above for the essay, the scores will be available separately. This is of course a brilliant move because it makes so much more sense for a student to check their scores and know exactly where how they fared. The same benefit is received by those testing the students. They will know clearly the strong areas of the candidates.
Find more about our Personalized Online Tutoring Learning Packages.
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. eTutorWorld provides the best K-12 Online Tutoring Services so you can learn from the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost.
Be it an exam, class test or a quiz, eTutorWorld’s Math, Science and English tutors are responsible for your academic progress. Meet your personal coach at your convenient day and time to get help for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. All our tutors are graduates and bring with them years of teaching experience to the tutoring lessons.
Our ‘Learning by Design’ methodology makes sure that each student is at the center of the teaching-learning process. All tutoring sessions start with a question to the student ‘What do you want to learn today?’ Hence, tutors diagnose your skills and recognize your requirements before the actual tutoring happens. Post every tutoring session, an individualized worksheet is emailed to the student to assimilate learned concepts. Regular formative assessments are used to evaluate a student’s understanding of the subject.
The state of the art technology used is stable, user friendly and safe. All you need is a computer or a tablet and an internet connection. The easy-to-use web conferencing software requires a one time download, using which the student can talk and chat to the tutor, annotate on an interactive shared whiteboard or even share documents, assignments or worksheets.
All tutoring sessions are recorded and made available for a month so you can review concepts taught.
Email or call our support team with any issues or questions – we are here for you 24X7.
Also, download free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and solve SCAT and SSAT Practice Tests online. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
Thousands have taken the eTutorWorld Advantage – what are you waiting for?
© 2019 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved