Online Algebra Tutoring: Simultaneous Equations 1
Learn Simultaneous Equations 1 from Online Algebra Tutor
In this method, we eliminate one variable (say x) to find the value of the other variable (y) and then put back the value of y in the original equation to find the value of the x . This can be done by adding the equations if they have the opposites (like 2y and – 2y are opposites). Let us see how this method works with an example
Solve system of linear equations by elimination method 2x + 3y = 15 equation 1 x – 3y = 3 equation 2 Step 1: These are two equations, we will first line up the variables (if they are not lined up) 2 x + 3y = 15 x – 3y = 3 Step 2: Here we have opposites 3y and – 3y , so we will simply add the equations to eliminate y variable 2 x + 3 y = 15 x – 3y = 3 3 x = 18 x = 6 Step 3: Putting this value back of x into any one original equation. We are putting in equation 2 x – 3y = 3 6 – 3y = 3 -3y = 3 – 6 -3y = -3 y = 1 Solution x = 6 , y = 1 or (6 , 1).
Solve these systems of Equations by Elimination method
- 2x – y = 17, x – y = 10
- –2x + y = 10, 4x – y = –14
- –x – 3y = 18, 2x + 3y = –12
- 2x + 7y = 21, 3x + 7y = 14
- y = −4x – 18 , y = 4x + 22
Why learn with eTutorWorld ?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort and safety of your home
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Access recordings of sessions for a month from session date
- Receive a personalized practice sheet after every tutoring session
- Call/chat us on our 24 X 7 support (+1.269.763.4602) to resolve issues or ask questions
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.