Online Algebra Tutoring: Simultaneous Equations (Substitution)
Learn Simultaneous Equations from Online Algebra TutorIn this method, we choose any one equation from the given set of two equations and we solve that equation for y, we substitute the value of y into the other equation. After putting the value of y in the other equation, we get equation in only one variable that is x, we can solve this equation and substitute the value of x into any one equation. Example: a) y + x = 8 equation 1 b) y – 2x = 11 equation 2 Step 1: Choose the first equation and solve for y. y = 8 – x Step 2: We plug in this value of y into equation 2. y – 2x = 11 8 – x – 2x = 11 8 – 3x = 11 Step 3: Subtract 8 from both sides. 8 – 8 – 3x = 11 – 8 -3x = 3 Divide both sides by -3. (-3x / -3) = 3 / -3 x = -1 Step 4: Plug in x = -1 back into the first equation. y + x = 8 y – 1 = 8 Solution: y=9 and x = -1.
Why Learn with eTutorWorld?
- Meet your online expert tutor from the comfort and safety of your home
- Schedule sessions at your convenient date and time
- Access recordings of sessions for a month from session date
- Receive a personalized practice sheet after every tutoring session
- Call/chat us on our 24 X 7 Support (+1.269.763.4602) to resolve issues or ask questions
- Experience the state-of-the-art technology by learning over LIVE tutoring sessions
- Get a 30 day Money Back Guarantee on our online tutoring services
No credit card, nor any obligation to purchase.
Schedule your FREE TRIAL session to meet an expert LIVE tutor & get all the help you want.
Online Tutoring and Worksheets Pricing
Our Learning by Design methodology focuses exclusively on individual students.
Our expert tutors are specially trained to identify and diagnose the needs and skills of each student and plan future tutoring lessons accordingly.
Know more about our Personalised Online Tutoring Packs.