Word Problems on Multiplying and Dividing Negative Numbers
What are the rules for multiplying integers?
How do you divide negative numbers?
Now let us discuss some word problems on this.
Example: Daisy joined a gym 8 weeks ago and she lost kg every week. Write an equation that describes the above situation.
Since Daisy lost kg every week, so the equation which describes the above situation =
– × 8 = -4 kg, which means she lost 4 kgs in 8 weeks.
Example: If temperature changed at a rate of -3°C per hour, then after how many hours did the temperature reached -12°C?
Number of hours for the temperature to reach from -3°C to -12°C = = 4 hours
- John dives from the surface of water at a rate of 2 feet per second. Where will he be from the surface of water after 30 seconds?
- If a football team’s 2 plays resulted in a loss of 5 yards, then what integer represents the total number of yards they lost in 2 plays?
- If the cost of one share of a company declined a total of $30 in 5 days, then what integer represents the cost of one share by which it declined on an average per day?
- A daily soap opera lost a total of 5,000 viewers in the last 5 months. If it lost the same number of viewers in each month, then write an equation to represent the number of viewers lost in one month.
- If the height of an old person decreased by a total of 1 cm in 5 years and it decreased by the same amount each year, then what integer represents his change in height every year?
- -60 feet
- -10 yards
- -6 dollars
- = -1000
- -0.2 cm
Download/Solve a Worksheet for Word Problems on Multiplying and Dividing Negative Numbers
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. eTutorWorld provides the best K-12 Online Tutoring Services so you can learn from the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost.
Be it an exam, class test or a quiz, eTutorWorld’s Math, Science and English tutors are responsible for your academic progress. Meet your personal coach at your convenient day and time to get help for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. All our tutors are graduates and bring with them years of teaching experience to the tutoring lessons.
Our ‘Learning by Design’ methodology makes sure that each student is at the center of the teaching-learning process. All tutoring sessions start with a question to the student ‘What do you want to learn today?’ Hence, tutors diagnose your skills and recognize your requirements before the actual tutoring happens. Post every tutoring session, an individualized worksheet is emailed to the student to assimilate learned concepts. Regular formative assessments are used to evaluate a student’s understanding of the subject.
The state of the art technology used is stable, user friendly and safe. All you need is a computer or a tablet and an internet connection. The easy-to-use web conferencing software requires a one time download, using which the student can talk and chat to the tutor, annotate on an interactive shared whiteboard or even share documents, assignments or worksheets.
All tutoring sessions are recorded and made available for a month so you can review concepts taught.
Email or call our support team with any issues or questions – we are here for you 24X7.
Also, download free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and solve SCAT and SSAT Practice Tests online. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
Thousands have taken the eTutorWorld Advantage – what are you waiting for?
© 2019 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved