A quadrilateral is made up of two triangles and sum of interior angles in a triangle add to 180°. So, sum of two triangles add to 360°, which means sum of interior angles in a quadrilateral is 360°.
Quadrilateral is a 4-sided two-dimensional closed figure.
Rectangle, square, parallelogram, kite, rhombus, trapezoid are all different types of quadrilaterals.
- Each angle in a rectangle is a right angle (90°).
- Opposite sides are of equal length and parallel to each other.
- Each angle in a square is a right angle (90°).
- All sides in a square are of equal length.
- Opposite sides are parallel to each other.
- Opposite sides in a parallelogram are parallel and equal in length.
- Opposite angles are also equal.
Pair of opposite sides in a trapezoid is parallel.
When the sides other than the parallel sides are equal to each other, then the trapezoid is called isosceles trapezoid. Also, the base angles in an isosceles trapezoid are equal to each other.
All sides in a rhombus are of equal length.°
Opposite sides and angles are equal (like in a parallelogram).
Example: If 104°, 42°, and 65° are the three measures of a quadrialteral, then what is the measure of fourth angle?
The sum of angles in a quadrilateral is 360°.
Measure of given three angles = 104° + 42° + 65° = 211°
Measure of fourth angle = 360° – 211° = 149°
1. What is the measure of angle C in the given parallelogram ABCD?
2. PQRS is an isosceles trapezoid. What is the measure of angle D?
3. Find the measure of angle R in given rhombus, PQRS.
5. If an angle in a parallelogram measures 130°, then what is the measure of angle opposite to it?
Give Your Child The eTutorWorld Advantage
Research has proven that personal online tutoring not just cements school learning, it helps build student confidence. Come to eTutorWorld for Expert Tutors and best K-12 Online Tutoring Services in the comfort and safety of your home at an affordable cost. Find a tutor online for Grade 3-12 Math, Science and English subjects and AP, SAT, SSAT and SCAT Test Prep help and test practice. Get free printable math and science worksheets in pdf format and SCAT Practice Tests. Sign up for a Free Trial Lesson Today!
© 2018 eTutorWorld - Online Tutoring and Test Prep | All rights reserved