Reading Bar Charts
What is bar diagram with example?
A bar graph or bar chart is used to show information using bars in a graph for representation of numbers.
Any given statistical data with the range can be depicted on a bar graph.
A, B, C and D are the candidates who stood for an election in specific territory. Represent the one who won with the highest votes on a bar graph.
- 15 votes
- 25 votes
- 12 votes
- 30 votes
- The highest votes were gained by D, represented in pink in the bar graph.
- The least votes were received by C, represented in green.
Such pictorial representation is helpful when we have a large data to look at then this makes the data quite understandable.
This bar chart shows the no. of students and their interest levels in various subjects.
- Which is the most popular subject?
- Which is the least popular subject?
- English is the most popular subject.
- Math is the least popular.
- The no. of toys manufactured by a toy factory is given below according to 5 consecutive months. Draw a bar graph representing the following data
|NUMBER OF TOYS||MONTHS|
- The following table shows the points scored by 6 different teams in soccer in the soccer tournament. Draw a bar graph and highlight the winning team.
- Which are teams who are in a tie?
- Who has more chances of winning the tournament?
- The following are the no of kids studying in a kindergarten school. Depict this in a bar graph.
The winning team is North Carolina.
- The teams that are in tie are Napa valley and Texas.
- The team which has more chances for winning is North Carolina.
- The following graph depicts the strength in various groups of kindergarten.