Online Math Tutoring for 6th Grade
Personalized Math Tutoring Online for Grade 6
As preteens, students begin to understand math beyond what they can physically see and perceive. Variables start replacing numbers; graphs and diagrams replace pictures of things around; constructions of geometric figures replace free hand drawings of objects and of course abstract ideas start replacing concrete thinking. It begins to get challenging for both students and teachers to handle this shift from understanding the more tangible arithmetic to imagining the intangible algebra. 6th Grade Math can sometimes seem truly daunting.
Certified Online Math Tutors for 6th Graders
Our expert tutors for 6th grade math, realize the transition that our 11-12 year old are going through. Online tutoring sessions are made interesting and effective by using a shared whiteboard and audio conferencing. Students enjoy learning with individualized assessments, presentations, websites and images shared during the personalized one-on-one tutoring lesson for 6th grade math. Number systems, arithmetic operations, measurements, fractions and even pre-algebra begin to make more sense.
Personalized attention and a student centric approach to tutoring make sure that the tutor is able to improve a student’s weaknesses and strengthen her skills. Formative assessments during the online tutoring sessions are used to identify the student’s abilities and requirements while cumulative assessments, sent to the student after every tutoring session, are used to reinforce learned concepts.
Grade 6 math worksheets have been prepared by expert math tutors who are conscious of the requirement for regular math practice.
With our 6th grade math tutoring, your child will learn about:
Number Systems and Number Sense
1. Rational numbers as fractions or decimals
2. Numerical and computational concepts and procedures in a variety of situation
3. Number system and their properties
4. Estimation of rational numbers
6. Decompose and recompose whole numbers using factors and exponents
7. Find and use the prime factorization of complete numbers. (LCM and GCF)
8. Use exponents
9. Understand rational numbers and their location on the number line.
Calculation using Real and Complex Numbers
1. Find equivalent ratio
2. Analyze ratio, proportion and percent
3. Calculate rates
4. Add and subtract integers and rational numbers
5. Multiply and Divide Fractions
6. Meaning of Operations
7. Solve decimal, percentage and rational number problems
Expressions and Equations
1. Use variables, write expressions and equations and combine like terms.
2. Solve equations
3. Variables, equations and inequalities
4. Computation & Estimation
1. Represent linear functions using tables, equations and graphs.
2. Analyze linear relationship
1. Generates and uses mathematical models to represent and justify mathematical relationships in a variety of situations.
2. Use Algebraic Representation
2. Understand the coordinate plane
3. Analyze Change
Data Analysis and Probability
1. Data Collection
2. Statistical Method
1. Recognizes, describes, extends, develops, and explains the general rule of a pattern in variety of situations
2. Identify, describe, extend, and create patterns and functions
1. Basic properties of lines, angles, and triangles
2. Construction of geometric shapes
3. Volume and surface area of a cube and prism
4. Conversion within measurement systems
5. Concept of congruence and basic transformations
As a new student you can try our services by registering for a Demo Lesson. No credit cards is required, nor are you under any obligation to make a purchase. Just schedule the FREE TRIAL lesson to meet a tutor & get help on any topic you want!
People have searched for: